Hi from Central Florida!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kinolee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone! I've been a recreational diver for ~15 years; pretty much just your typical once-a-year vacation diver. Last year I realized I'm finally in a place in my life where I can dedicate time and money to my hobbies, and decided to take diving more seriously! I've made a pledge to dive at least once a month this year, I'm very slowly buying a full kit of gear, and I'm going to get advanced training to work my way into tech and cave diving! I really feel the caves calling to me... the springs are so beautiful and I just want to go further in!

I'm finishing off Advanced Adventure Diver with SDI in February, and I'm signed up to take GUE Fundamentals in High Springs in May. I'm SO excited to learn more, be a better diver, dive more often, and see things and places that most of the rest of the world can only see on a screen.

Nice to meet you all!

Hi there! Glad to hear of your monthly resolution - you'll have to keep us posted! If you're looking for buddies, a lot of the local diving around here is organized around FB groups. We also have a couple local dive clubs over here in the High Springs/Gainesville area you might want to check out:
  • Florida Springs Dive Club. Based in Williston, meets 2nd Thursday of each month (usually at Homestead Park, but occasionally rotates). Next meeting is Feb 8 (Homestead); next club dive is Feb 17 at Rainbow River.
  • Scuba Monkey Dive Club. Based in Gainesville, meets 1st Tuesday of each month at the dive shop. Next meeting is Feb 6; next club dive is Jan 28 at Rainbow River.
I go to both, easy to find buddies by posting on the fb group pages and get a dive organized. There are probably more out your way towards Orlando! Hope to see you around!

Thanks for the invites!! I went to Alexandar Springs earlier this month (easy dive, got to test out my new heavy tech fins), and I've got two dives planned in February (Rainbow River on 2/4 and a boat dive + Blue Heron Bridge near Palm Beach on 2/24). That'll finish up my SDI Advanced cert. I've got no plans for March or April YET (maybe a Rescue Diver course?), but I'll be on the lookout! May is Fundies! And after that, hopefully Doubles, or Drysuit? I'll check out your facebook groups! Thanks!!

Well Cool I'm suitably impressed you go for it and have a magnificent time every step of the way

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom