Hi , Are there any USAF pilots here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to agree with Rick. Flying in the service is the only place you can really do some "flying". I suppose you could buy yourself a high performance aircraft and do some low level and aerobatics over populated areas, but the FAA severely frowns upon such behavior.

Plus, ya get paid for it!!!!! And the food ain't so bad nowadays.

Thomaz:
Hi I want to know if there are any USAF pilots here...

I`m asking it because I want to join the Air Force when I finished my education.
I want to ask some questions.. if you don`t mind...

Greetz Thomas.

Zooomies..... We don't need more zoomies my friend

Now, Armor. That is a real man's game.

The smell of diesel, the tang of cordite, riding to the sound of the guns.

Oh and if the damn engine quits - you can get out and walk. :D

Ever flown a helicopter gunship???

Thomaz:
Hi I want to know if there are any USAF pilots here...

I`m asking it because I want to join the Air Force when I finished my education.
I want to ask some questions.. if you don`t mind...

Greetz Thomas.

I'm not a pilot but I have always had a goal of being catapulted off the deck of an aircraft carrier with or without the F14 Tomcat strapped to my butt :11:

My cousin is in the Air Force. He used to train fighter pilots using T38's. He came here several times for the air shows with one of his planes. Now he's part of the predator program. He says remote flying is almost as much fun as the real thing!

The Kracken:
Ever flown a helicopter gunship???

:D

Only while exterminating hordes of silicone computer assisted Warsaw Pact hoards from the comfort of my computer chair. :D

Or..... Is that an offer?

Love to thou. I do like flying and even started my pilot's license (until I found the money was better spent on scuba :D)

Flying is a great career - just not as cool as Cav.

Role of Armour:
To defeat the enemy through the aggressive use of firepower and battlefield mobility.

Air Force, Navy, Army....why fly what someone else wants you to fly, when they want you to do it? No pun intended guys.

Civilian...so what if you have to pay for it...at least you don't have the stress of "wait, can't blow three landings or I'm out of the program, or ooops, I missed the edge of the MOA so I need to find myself another job or resign my commission." Besides, you appreciate it more, 'cause no one else paid for it.

I'm not a washout, but I know and flew with enough of them to know that the thrills don't always outweigh the lifestyle. Many of them made good officers, all of them great people, but someone telling me when and what to fly is not my cup of tea.

Get into corporate flying...Lears, Diamonds, Citations....all gorgeous, no sea smell, or smelly cockpit, limos and nice 4 - 5 star hotels waiting at the other end, not to mention the pretty flight attendands :D and always other pilots to cover if you can't, or don't want to do the trip.

Civilian : Military :: Recreational : DIR

I think that commercial pilot will get boring after a period of time... Theguy that trained pilots in Pensacola... can you show me some pictures or send me...
I`m really mad about Airplanes and Helicopters... I`ve seen movies (and things of Discovery Channel...If you know what I`m talking about :p... USA is much different then europe :D :wink:) about the vietnam war etc... (this year I went to Omaha beach and I`m certain you know it... and I meeted a Veteran of the world war 2..but that is not important.. :p ) . Can you tell things about your career?... what your tasks were? etc... Ehm.. I think I`m finished for now... :p (PS: Isn`t bad heh the English :p for just a student :p ?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom