Hi , Are there any USAF pilots here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thomaz

Registered
Reaction score
Hi I want to know if there are any USAF pilots here...

I`m asking it because I want to join the Air Force when I finished my education.
I want to ask some questions.. if you don`t mind...

Greetz Thomas.

Thomaz:
Hi I want to know if there are any USAF pilots here...

I`m asking it because I want to join the Air Force when I finished my education.
I want to ask some questions.. if you don`t mind...

Greetz Thomas.
Air Force...?
A I R F O R C E ?
You don't want to join the AIR FORCE, laddie...
Naval Aviation! That's what you want!
Flying off Aircraft Carriers.
Cruising 'round the world.
Pointy end of the spear!
Yep, a Naval Aviator's what you want to be :)
Rick (CDR USN(Ret); A7's)

Rick Murchison:
Air Force...?
A I R F O R C E ?
You don't want to join the AIR FORCE, laddie...
Naval Aviation! That's what you want!
Flying off Aircraft Carriers.
Cruising 'round the world.
Pointy end of the spear!
Yep, a Naval Aviator's what you want to be :)
Rick (CDR USN(Ret); A7's)

I started out in the Navy, won my bars and sword in Pensacola. Finished Basic Flight (love the T-34 to this day). The Navy had a buget cut-back. I got an inter-service transfer into the Air Force.

Got to thinking about it one day. We'd go out and fly the mission, come back to our air-conditioned BOQ, take a good long shower, hit the O-Club, have a steak and a beer (not necessarily in that order) head out on the town, and fight the war the next day. (Air Force Way)

The Navy guys were still out there rolling around for months on that iron boat, where their only idea of fun was "soap-on-a-rope"! (Navy Way)

Take your pick! :eyebrow:

P.S.---Hi, Uncle Ricky! :wink:

If you can't hover, you can't fly.
Join the Army. Fly helicopters. Get down there where it really gets gritty.
"Nae guts, nae glory . . .!"

You've never had a fun day flying unless you've been hovering in an artillery prepped LZ with your skid pressed into the hillside, looking down through your chin bubble at that unexploded 155 round lodged in the ground while the grunts are unassing the bird and there are little people in the tree line shooting at you because they don't want you to be there.

Oh, well . . . . all in a day's work.

Air Force pilots break ground and fly off into the wind. Navy pilots break wind and fly into the sea.

For the thread poster, there are many more options available in Air Force aviation than Navy or Marine aviation. The commitment is up in number of years, but I wish I could go back and do some more.

The Kracken:
If you can't hover, you can't fly.
Join the Army. Fly helicopters. Get down there where it really gets gritty.
"Nae guts, nae glory . . .!"

You've never had a fun day flying unless you've been hovering in an artillery prepped LZ with your skid pressed into the hillside, looking down through your chin bubble at that unexploded 155 round lodged in the ground while the grunts are unassing the bird and there are little people in the tree line shooting at you because they don't want you to be there.

Oh, well . . . . all in a day's work.

At least we now know that helicopters fly because they are so ugly that mother Earth immediately repels them in horror!!
:eyebrow:

You beccha! And I know of a lot of Air Force and Navy pilots that are damned glad of the fact!!!!

Pollywogs, all of ye!
The sea, the sea, that's where it's at!
Don't listen to these shore duty landlubbers, matey!
The wonders of the deep await!
---
In fact, flying for Uncle Sam is (my opinion) the best thing a young fire-breather can do. Go for it - any service.
Uncle Ricky (Trusty Shellback and Magellan Club)
"Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damned few, and they're all dead!"

Rick Murchison:
Pollywogs, all of ye!
The sea, the sea, that's where it's at!
Don't listen to these shore duty landlubbers, matey!
The wonders of the deep await!
---
In fact, flying for Uncle Sam is (my opinion) the best thing a young fire-breather can do. Go for it - any service.
Uncle Ricky

Rick,

You never did answer my question. Is that gray growth on your face something that happened while standing those long watches at sea??? :eyebrow:

BigJetDriver69:
Rick,

You never did answer my question. Is that gray growth on your face something that happened while standing those long watches at sea??? :eyebrow:
Nah, that's the Lovely Young Kat's toy. She insisted I grow it when I retired and likes it - so... any questions??
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom