Here is a good one for breaking the rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deal Me In:
i would like someone to explain to me how this has anything to do with an instructor. it has been awhile since i took my OW course but i don't recall my instructor, who i thought was pretty good, ever telling me specifically not to let someone else use my gear in a pool or otherwise.

this is a case of common sense. i've never been told not to let an 11 do a solo dive with no instruction. i just know not to do it. if you want to claim that i had instruction then thank my parents.

this was not an instructor issue. IMO this was criminally irresponsible period. childen have no choice but to rely on adults not to but them fatal circumstances.

period. end of discussion.

thanks for you time.

Well, I thought it was the end of the discussion but...

Since you asked, I think the training discussion started when some one suggested that this couldn't be blamed on an instructor or training and I jumped in and related it to training anyway.

The recreational diving industry works very hard to portray diving as being safe and for every one. I think this lady believes it.

You certainly can't blame every dumb thing people do on their teachers.

Gary D.:
A little more info about the dive.
He went in and to the 20 some odd foot bottom where he satayed. Had he moved just a few feet he would have gone off the ledge to 40' then 60' then 80' then 110' down to 165'. That area is like a set of stairs with roughly a ledge every 20'.Gary D.
I guess I missed this thread while on vacation. Off topic, but I just thought I'd mention that this dive site is where I found THIS: http://www.scubaboard.com/t35209.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom