Henry Morgan + Fantasy Dive Travel = FAIL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Post #1 in the referenced thread: "Working with Gary Hunt, the former CEO of clickndive.com travel, I have a copy of the deposited check where they paid for my trip. It was cashed by "Henry Morgan Resorts Roatan" in Wisconsin, where Rich is located."

Referenced thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bay-islands/410577-henry-morgan-not-honoring-reservations.html
Thanks. Didn't know there were two threads.

Ok so all he needs to do is get his credit card to refund, even if he has to cancel the trip or rebook at more than he wanted to pay.

In late summer 2011 I booked a trip for Feb to Henry Morgan resorts with clickndive.com I paid in full in October, and got a voucher for HM resorts and confirmation invoice from clickndive.com. Fast forward to today when I started verifying all of my reservations (flight, etc). Clickndive.com no longer exists, and they're phones are all disconnected. I called Henry Morgan only to find out they have no reservation for me. I spoke to Malali??? at the main office in Roatan, and then to Andrea at the US office. Andrea recalled working on my arrangements because I was original scheduled for the Paradise Beach club, but when HMR dropped them, they moved us to the main location.

Andrea stated, "There was an agent, Rich, who ran off with several customer's money."

Based on my limited success with clickndive.com, I assumed this mysterious person was part of that company. However, this evening I was able to track down both the VP of sales from clickndive.com, and the director of travel, Debbie, whom I had worked with to make my arrangements. They both told the same story, all trips were paid in full before the business closed it's doors. They even have proof of the payment, canceled check, etc.
Debbie said, "I sent the payment to Rich myself."

If CnD sent the money to Rich (an agent of HM), and the US office acknowledges that they(Andrea) knew of the reservation that Rich facilitated, then shouldn't HM be responsible for honoring the reservation? It is not the OPs fault that their(HMs) agent ran off with a bunch of money. It should fall on the resort. Maybe they should have been more selective in who they chose to represent them.

If CnD sent the money to Rich (an agent of HM), and the US office acknowledges that they(Andrea) knew of the reservation that Rich facilitated, then shouldn't HM be responsible for honoring the reservation? It is not the OPs fault that their(HMs) agent ran off with a bunch of money. It should fall on the resort. Maybe they should have been more selective in who they chose to represent them.

Good point. It may be similar to the General Manager or a secretary at the resort not depositing the money and writing phony receipts. But then in Honduras the GM may then run for president. (That would never happen in the U.S. :wink:)

BTW, there are still reputable agencies that sell packages to Roatan resorts, including FI.

Yes, it was posted on this forum by people who were there at the last of the outgoing manager's control. They cut food service horrible and hid the booze that was included on the deal, and more. At the time, Rich was posting about great improvements as if he was involved. I am not going to find that discussion tho. If you missed it, ok...

I'm fully aware of that thread, however people complaining about bad food, isn't the discussion or relevant to what I said. The issue was fraud and theft of peoples money, be it deposits or paid in full vacations.

Again at the time of the switch where Rich Henry approached Media Luna about bringing them business, there was an on going nightmare taking place of numerous people complaining that they had paid Rich Henry for vacations and were not getting confirmations from Fantasy Island.

So back to what I said - Fantasy Island had a 20 year stellar reputation. If you lived and worked on the island it would be impossible to not know who Fantasy Island is and who they were. Suddenly out of no where there is a controversy where Fantasy Island is suddenly screwing their guest by ripping them off for thousands of dollars in deposits and paid in full vacations, and there is an on going open discussion going on that Rich Henry is involved and accused of the same...

:no:... suddenly you're approached by Rich Henry to bring that business to you and you don't question anything at all? You live and work on Roatan and nobody knows anybody at Fantasy Island? No simple phone calls, no discussions to what's going on? You simply believe Fantasy Island is committing theft and fraud after 20 years and stealing thousands of dollars from it's guests instead of thinking twice about doing business with the other party (Rich Henry) in the controversy? Please...:shakehead:

Media Luna apparently is now completely caught off guard that the guy accused of theft and fraud by dozens of people has perpertrated the exact same scenario on them????? Are you serious? They want to cry that their a victim now? :rofl3:

One more time in case you missed it ---

Aesops Fable :

The Scorpion and the Frog

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too." The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,but has just enough time to gasp "Why?" Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."

The man can be very persuasive. He has even duped ScubaBoard as well. It might be unflattering to admit that many of us were duped, but the fact is: we were.

If once searches google for Rich Henry scuba, you find a number of hits. The top one on Scubaboard is about him saving Cajur Divas big trip when he made FIBR look like thieves, but then there are a few other threads listed about him not as kind, including this one.

Looks like he raised some money for some charity work to donate AEDs to Roatan last summer. Wonder how that went down? see DiveNewswire

This profile also shows up? Rich Henry - New Zealand | LinkedIn

...along with 250 others with a similar name at LinkedIn. So unless you know him by the picture, not much else there to tie him in.

The divenewswire link did ultimately lead to an interesting link DiveNewswire from which comes the quote:

“Profit is NOT a four-letter word,” Henry is quick to point out. “During these seminars, participants will learn how easy it is to make money selling Roatan travel packages.
Further, only those attending one of our two programs will learn about hidden profit potential and other added-value opportunities available when selling the island.”

Well, I guess we now all know about the "hidden profit potential".

...along with 250 others with a similar name at LinkedIn. So unless you know him by the picture, not much else there to tie him in.
It's not a rare name, but I searched it with scuba to see what happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom