Henry Morgan + Fantasy Dive Travel = FAIL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are Rich Henry and Keith Wells the same person?

Are Rich Henry and Keith Wells the same person?
That's been asked before, actually. :cool2:

Hi Doc: Since you asked for a response from the Cajun's, I will give you my best effort. You asked for an insider take if we have one and unfortunately we can't give you anything from an insider point of view. Possibly you could help with that as with your position there on the island, you are more probably in the best position to get insider information.
Seems like I remember Rich talking your lovely bride into helping some with something? I just don't remember. I notice that she has not posted in months, and miss that.

I get the idea that he would take from anyone. Hope you weren't burned.

While we were very involved in promoting Roatan in general and FI in particular on this board(because that is where our heart was) we were never in the position of being an employee of sorts of FI. .
A little hard to believe when one reads things like

So - it’s official...I am working with Rich at Fantasy Dive Travel booking trips to Fantasy Island Resort. I look forward to meeting more and more people every day and introducing them to my home away from home! If any of you know anyone who wants to book at Fantasy Island, please send them my way. I promise to do my very best to take care of everyone so they can get down to the resort and have some fun!

Take care-
'Diva
As posted
Here
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bay-islands/365471-diva-announcement.html

A little hard to believe when one reads things like

As posted
Here
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bay-islands/365471-diva-announcement.html

cool_shades.gif
Uh oh....

Wow is all I can say... AMWAY next? Wow, freak'n wow!

hook line and sinker...

Hmmmm...
:popcorn:

You are absolutely right. Hook, line and sinker. I am absolutely the most naive, stupid idiot on the face of the planet. Never once did I suspect that Rich was the type of person who would do something so terrible. He was friends with the staff and management at Fantasy Island, he was friends with the staff and management at HM Resorts, and yes...I even thought he was MY friend. He seemed to work very hard to try and get things turned around for Fantasy Island, he seemed to work very hard to take care of the customers like us who got caught in the middle of his exit from Fantasy Island and from what I hear he seemed to be doing a great job promoting HM Resorts. He designed a really nice website for Fantasy Island, he designed a killer website for HM Resorts, he even designed his own iPhone app that promoted not only HM Resorts, but also the Roatan Marine Park and the entire island of Roatan. He met with Honduras' Minister of Tourism. He raised money to buy AED's for the island after an incident at Chili's where a guy had a heart attack, etc. etc. etc. There were many people who thought highly of him. The guy is extremely intelligent and very likeable. Or was that all a lie too?

So I understand how the MANY people who have been taken advantage of feel. As NetDoc said, "
The man can be very persuasive. He has even duped ScubaBoard as well. It might be unflattering to admit that many of us were duped, but the fact is: we were."
Not only do I feel that it is unflattering to admit it, I feel embarrassed, humiliated and down-right stupid.

Hiya Diva. Missed ya... :D

So what do you believe is the true Rich Henry? Was he a good guy that turned into what he is now, or was he always that way it, was it always a big public display of what he wanted people to see while he committed fraud and theft the whole time? Or do you think at some point he changed?

Gambling, drugs, alcohol, debt, living outside your means can be the catalyst sometimes that causes people to do shocking things.

Look at convicted ponzi schemers like Bernie Madoff and others like him and the circumstances are very similar to what you are describing, there are usually many people who will rally to support them during the start of the accusations of their crimes, many times the same people will be the ones who end up afterwards left confused by the memories of good deeds the person did with one hand while the other hand was stealing everything that wasn't nailed down.

Bernie Madoff's career involved 36 billion dollars, with 18 billion going back to half the people who of course thought he was great, while the other 18 billion was stolen from the others. So with a conman it's often going to be the case that he's gong to have a group of people who received benefits from him and have nothing but good memories, while there will be a group who were stolen from.

While Maddoff was ruining some people's lives he was donating millions to lyphoma research, had his own charity trust, provided funds to the arts... etc...

If you study many of these people you'll find that many were honest people who experience an incident that starts the whole thing. An investment goes south and they cross the line robbing Peter to pay Paul, always with the intentions of once they turn things around that they will pay Peter back with interest... as it doesn't happen and things get worse and worse eventually they get to the point of no return and the lies swallow them whole.

Perhaps Henry went down this road too, perhaps he did do a lot of good and was a good person, but got into a situation where he did some things he shouldn't have, that he thought were only going to be temporary and that he would right them, but never could and he kept doing worse and worse until it all eventually came down like a house of cards?

So what do you believe is the true Rich Henry? Was he a good guy that turned into what he is now, or was he always that way it, was it always a big public display of what he wanted people to see while he committed fraud and theft the whole time? Or do you think at some point he changed?Gambling, drugs, alcohol, debt, living outside your means can be the catalyst sometimes that causes people to do shocking things.Look at convicted ponzi schemers like Bernie Madoff and others like him and the circumstances are very similar to what you are describing, there are usually many people who will rally to support them during the start of the accusations of their crimes, many times the same people will be the ones who end up afterwards left confused by the memories of good deeds the person did with one hand while the other hand was stealing everything that wasn't nailed down.Bernie Madoff's career involved 36 billion dollars, with 18 billion going back to half the people who of course thought he was great, while the other 18 billion was stolen from the others. So with a conman it's often going to be the case that he's gong to have a group of people who received benefits from him and have nothing but good memories, while there will be a group who were stolen from.While Maddoff was ruining some people's lives he was donating millions to lyphoma research, had his own charity trust, provided funds to the arts... etc...If you study many of these people you'll find that many were honest people who experience an incident that starts the whole thing. An investment goes south and they cross the line robbing Peter to pay Paul, always with the intentions of once they turn things around that they will pay Peter back with interest... as it doesn't happen and things get worse and worse eventually they get to the point of no return and the lies swallow them whole.Perhaps Henry went down this road too, perhaps he did do a lot of good and was a good person, but got into a situation where he did some things he shouldn't have, that he thought were only going to be temporary and that he would right them, but never could and he kept doing worse and worse until it all eventually came down like a house of cards?
It's so funny that you would make that analogy. Since we found out what happened we have been in such a state of disbelief, and the same thought keeps recurring to us...this whole situation reminds us of Bernie Madoff! I have no idea about the catalyst in this situation. Rich's office is in Wisconsin and we live in Louisiana. Our communication was by telephone, although we did meet him in person down at Fantasy Island. I have no way of knowing about his lifestyle. All I can tell you is that he is a great communicator, he was always very professional, he had great marketing ideas, he seemed to care very deeply about the island and the people he was working with. There was no point where he changed and became a different person and at NO POINT did I ever feel that he was the type of person who would do something like this.I guess that goes along with my previous statement about being naive, stupid and humiliated :depressed:

Back
Top Bottom