Henry Morgan + Fantasy Dive Travel = FAIL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would go for a new thread. Can you help?
Sure, let me give you step by step...

1: Go to the top of the page and select the "Bay Islands" link or just use this link: Bay Islands

2: Click "Post new thread" button which will open a box.

3: Title it "What Rich Henry did to Roatan Businesses" or whatever you chose.

4: Put your statement in the box and Post it.

Be advised and warned that anything you say here will be questioned by some, and can be used in a Liable court claim.

Reactions: Doc
Mike, nobody was sure about what he did to Fantasy Island.
We just knew that they were throwing stones at each other. NOBODY involved in the story came to us and told us "be careful" or "he ripped us off, don't trust him". I wish they did!
If try to get your name on the USA market by reaching the right people in order to make your new business work means being greedy then, I guess we have been greedy!
And again, if we were that greedy...we would have stopped since the very first "payment never received", wouldn't we?
I still consider myself naive since I still cannot believe that this guy could expose himself so much to so many people (including the Ministry of the Tourism in Honduras) screw us all and get back to live his life again like nothing happened. Actually, I'm pretty sure that he is reading our posts right now, somewhere in South Africa, laughing his butt off!

You guys did know that there was a big problem going on at Fantasy Island, you did know Fantasy Island's stellar reputation. Based on knowing Fantasy Island wasn't known for ripping off divers for what the last 20 years or so, you never thought that the problem would likely be with the other party, which is this case was Rich Henry? You never contacted anyone at Fantasy Island prior to accepting their previous booking agents business coming to you now instead of them? Roatan is a pretty small community isn't it?

You guys did know that there was a big problem going on at Fantasy Island, you did know Fantasy Island's stellar reputation. Based on knowing Fantasy Island wasn't known for ripping off divers for what the last 20 years or so, you never thought that the problem would likely be with the other party, which is this case was Rich Henry? You never contacted anyone at Fantasy Island prior to accepting their previous booking agents business coming to you now instead of them? Roatan is a pretty small community isn't it?
Mike, the outgoing managers at FIBR at that time were ripping people off.

Look back at this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bay-islands/410577-henry-morgan-not-honoring-reservations.html

Clickndive provided proof they forwarded the money, HM never received it. It got lost in the step in between the two.

The thread post said it was cashed by ""Henry Morgan Resorts Roatan" in Wisconsin"

I could set up an account for that name here in Ottawa. That doesn't mean that the actual resort in Roatan gets any money.

Just sayin'. Don't know whait is the case, but the Wisconsin bit is a flag to me. Just sayin'.

At the time FI didn't have the greatest reputation. They already had lost all the Italian and the Spanish Tour Operators due to poor management and by having the Resort falling apart. Rich Henry was just another one coming off their list. We though that FI was the bad guy at the time..
All we knew is that Rich Henry was a good salesman.

Mike, the outgoing managers at FIBR at that time were ripping people off.

That's the first I've ever heard of that. Where does that come from? Was that posted on this website? What exactly does 'ripping people off' mean? Not honoring reservations that they never got because Rich Henry was pocketing the money first? Or are you saying they were actually in cahoots with him? As I said, I've never seen anything indicating Fantasy Island was involved with the fraud committed by Henry.

The thread post said it was cashed by ""Henry Morgan Resorts Roatan" in Wisconsin"

I could set up an account for that name here in Ottawa. That doesn't mean that the actual resort in Roatan gets any money.

Just sayin'. Don't know whait is the case, but the Wisconsin bit is a flag to me. Just sayin'.
Where? :confused: In post #1 I see "got a voucher for HM resorts and confirmation invoice from clickndive.com."
That's the first I've ever heard of that. Where does that come from? Was that posted on this website? What exactly does 'ripping people off' mean? Not honoring reservations that they never got because Rich Henry was pocketing the money first? Or are you saying they were actually in cahoots with him? As I said, I've never seen anything indicating Fantasy Island was involved with the fraud committed by Henry.
Yes, it was posted on this forum by people who were there at the last of the outgoing manager's control. They cut food service horrible and hid the booze that was included on the deal, and more. At the time, Rich was posting about great improvements as if he was involved. I am not going to find that discussion tho. If you missed it, ok...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom