Henry Morgan + Fantasy Dive Travel = FAIL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this Rich Henry the same one that was operating for Fantasy Island last year and then moved his customers to HM resorts, including Media Luna, HM etc.???
If this is the same guy, just one other question. Why people still gives him their money??

Repost from "Other Thread" that OP did. Here's my point-of-view of what I would do, etc.
Also, why two threads ???

MHO follows...

Sue the AGENT (click n dive) - the OP will win. There is precedent, small claims court is the way to go. If the OP sends a registered letter to the Agent stating the intentions of small claims court, for amount of trip + damages, there is a good chance the Agent will settle before going to court. That's because the agent KNOWS he'll lose.
My last 8 trips, I book everything myself directly.

My only beef with Expedia - don't book Air + Hotel, just book air, and separately book everything else direct by phone or their dedicated website.

Once to Vegas I did Hotel + Air, got to Vegas 24hr late due to air-related problems, and could not get back the extra money paid to the hotel for non-use of 1 night.

However, the hotel manager said that IF I had booked directly with Belagio, and been 24 hrs late, I would have gotten back 100% the night not-used.

The price difference with direct hotel or Expedia is usually less than 5% (cheaper double-book Expedia).

Same applies here for booking through an agent - you are paying the agent for everything.
The OP should get his money BACK from the AGENT, not Morgan.

The Agent has insurance - the only "reason" to deal with an agent - because w/o the agent you'd probably pay 20% less for the same trip, from my experiences with agents in the past.

So don't feel bad for the agent, even though it's not their fault. If Click n Dive offered to TundraApple travel insurance, and TundraApple signed a waiver that he didn't want it, then who's the responsible party?

Don't bother going down this road - go down the road of "consumer" buying a "commodity". That how the judge in small claims court will see it.
Perhaps the judge will say that the OP still had part of his vacation OK, so won't get back money for the airline fees, so partial reimbursement.

For sure the Agent will either file a claim with their insurance, or take Morgan to court, but that's their business, none of our business.

You deal with your direct relation, not the relationships of others, and look at the facts. The OP has the law on his side.
- small claims - but "tell" the agent verbally + signed registered letter.
- give the agent a chance to make OP happy, knowing that otherwise is BAD publicity
- credit card, reverse the charges, last resort. Rather difficult to do since the "contract" was partially fulfilled, and the OP cannot prove fraud - only "lack" of service.
- reversing the cc charges can result in the agent company bringing the OP into small claims court, so back to square 1.

This is the same thing this guy did to Fantasy Island. The difference is that in that moment, he sent a letter to all the Fantasy Island data base, saying that the resort was not honoring reservations (of course, he didnt say why or what really happened...). Fantasy Island had to contact each client to explain the situation and look for a way to help every client in a different way according to the status of their reservation. It was a very uncomfortable situation for both, the clients and the hotel and a lot of people were very upset at the Resort. Anyways, he managed to move a lot of Fantasy Island's clients to HM resorts and had a lot of people posting good things about him, making others belive that he was some kind of generous angel. This time, he doesnt have any other resort to move reservations to and I belive this time he really cant say anymore lies to wholesalers and travel agents as this is the second time he is involved in a situation like this.
I really hope TundraApple finds a way to resolve this (get his vacation, or his money back). I'm sure the staff of click'n dive will do their best to help him with this situation.

What a terrible story!

I sure hope Click n Dive do the right thing, put the customer FIRST. Then go after the guilty party in court. That's how it should be done.

This is the same thing this guy did to Fantasy Island. The difference is that in that moment, he sent a letter to all the Fantasy Island data base, saying that the resort was not honoring reservations (of course, he didnt say why or what really happened...). Fantasy Island had to contact each client to explain the situation and look for a way to help every client in a different way according to the status of their reservation. It was a very uncomfortable situation for both, the clients and the hotel and a lot of people were very upset at the Resort. Anyways, he managed to move a lot of Fantasy Island's clients to HM resorts and had a lot of people posting good things about him, making others belive that he was some kind of generous angel. This time, he doesnt have any other resort to move reservations to and I belive this time he really cant say anymore lies to wholesalers and travel agents as this is the second time he is involved in a situation like this.
I really hope TundraApple finds a way to resolve this (get his vacation, or his money back). I'm sure the staff of click'n dive will do their best to help him with this situation.

Does this mean we can go back to Fantasy Island again?
I wonder if Nick is booking for them again? I was hoping the renovations and management change would cure the problems of a couple of years ago. I do like the property.

Bad business!

Trip insurance is a very good choice.

What a terrible story!

I sure hope Click n Dive do the right thing, put the customer FIRST. Then go after the guilty party in court. That's how it should be done.

There is no click n dive anymore.

Oh...OH...:sad:

Can't believe legitimate companies let themselves be bad-talked & negative publicity on a public board that Google indexes...

Small claims would be the way to go with the proof the OP has.

There is no click n dive anymore.

Oh...OH...:sad:

Can't believe legitimate companies let themselves be bad-talked & negative publicity on a public board that Google indexes...
I don't understand what you mean?

Small claims would be the way to go with the proof the OP has.
Have you ever done that? I have. It's a step in a possible process, often a fruitless one.

His credit card will cover him ok. He wanted it resolved without having to pay for a second time then seek reimbursement for the first, but he'll be ok. I bet the bank can waive the interest on some of the loan, too.

Back
Top Bottom