Henri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's not why the water stays crappy after a big storm. It's the runoff that's the issue. Most of the bigger systems dump 4-5+ inches of rain and it takes a while for the water table to drain off back to normal levels. This was a relatively mild system for New England with nowhere near the rain NY/CT saw. The next time we have any unfavorable wind for the south coast looks like a full week from now so the combo of the big tides and mild conditions should help tremendously.

I didn't stay at a holiday inn but I did just walk down to my dock for almost high tide and it's looking not horrific.

OK as I posted and hope you right and I am wrong! How does that wrestling saying go?

The next time we have any unfavorable wind for the south coast looks like a full week from now so the combo of the big tides and mild conditions should help tremendously.
Yep OK
This Afternoon...Se Winds 5 To 10 Kt. Seas 3 To 4 Ft. Scattered Showers With Isolated Tstms.

Tonight...S Winds 15 To 20 Kt, Becoming Sw 10 To 15 Kt After Midnight. Gusts Up To 25 Kt. Seas 4 To 6 Ft. Numerous Showers. Vsby 1 To 3 Nm.

Tue...W Winds 10 To 15 Kt. Gusts Up To 20 Kt In The Morning. Seas 3 To 5 Ft.

Tue Night...Sw Winds 10 To 15 Kt, Becoming W 5 To 10 Kt After Midnight. Seas 3 To 4 Ft.

Wed And Wed Night...Sw Winds 5 To 10 Kt. Seas 2 To 3 Ft.

Thu Through Fri Night...Ne Winds 10 To 15 Kt. Seas 2 To 3 Ft. Winds And Seas Higher In And Near Tstms.

Can't wait for the spectacular vis coming soon!

Amazing, a NOAA forecast, thank god you posted that, nobody would have ever been able to find it. So are those wind waves or ground swells and what's the period?

You know, maybe you're better off just staying home.

Amazing, a NOAA forecast, thank god you posted that, nobody would have ever been able to find it. So are those wind waves or ground swells and what's the period?

You know, maybe you're better off just staying home.

Evidently you didn't find NOAA forecast, The next time we have any unfavorable wind for the south coast looks like a full week from now so the combo of the big tides and mild conditions should help tremendously.

Who do you think you're BSing. I've been diving around here since before you were weaned.

I do stay home or out of the water until I have proof of good conditions. I'm too old to be doing all that work for crap conditions. You youngins' can do that like I did, but not anymore. With age comes experience, if not wisdom.

Give us all a heads up on when that might be :)

I think you need to ask @TuckerIdaho that question, he's the optimist on this subject not me. We'll be looking for that information in the post about his next dive.

upload_2021-8-23_13-52-52.png

I think you need to ask @TuckerIdaho that question, he's the optimist on this subject not me. We'll be looking for that information in the post about his next dive.

Which is this afternoon then tomorrow morning.

Find that wave period yet? Or you still think your noaa forecast is the law and set it stone?

Which is this afternoon then tomorrow morning.

Find that wave period yet? Or you still think your noaa forecast is the law and set it stone?

I don't care about wave period if you want to know look it up. Do I need to everything for you?

Didn't mean to get in between a weather conditions spat which seems unnecessary. Dive conditions hard to predict without a hurricane/TS running around. At best its an educated guess what it will be like down under, at least thats my experience with Ft W.

I'm wondering about the northern sites.

Back
Top Bottom