Henri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
With our coming storm keep us posted on.

How your making out

Road closures and flooded roads in case any of us have to go out after.

Keep this professional (yes I know it's scubaboard).

I picked the wrong day not to dive.... Spent my day running routine errands and had planned on driving the dive boat tomorrow, those plans obviously got canceled

We are all set. Got both cars filled with gas the generator fuel tank topped off and another 13gal in containers. That should be enough to run the generator for a few days. With a well a generator is a must no power no water. Checked and replaced the batteries for our headlamps and battery powered lanterns. Made a blender full of margaritas and pizza which I'm enjoying now. :)
Once the storm takes out my SAT internet I'll be off the board until it comes back.

Hopefully this storm will break this bout of humidity and I'll be able to get some projects done while we're waiting for the ocean to clear.

I have two kids in Connecticut. One in Farmington and one in New Haven. Worried most about the one in New Haven. Henri looks wicked. I remember getting a glancing blow from a tropical storm when we lived in Avon (near Hartford) and it was ugly. This will be bigger.

Hoping all of our CT, RI, MA folks get through this ok.

I picked a really good time to visit Rhode Island. The latest forecast has the storm centered on the back yard of the house we are renting.

I have two kids in Connecticut. One in Farmington and one in New Haven. Worried most about the one in New Haven. Henri looks wicked. I remember getting a glancing blow from a tropical storm when we lived in Avon (near Hartford) and it was ugly. This will be bigger.

Hoping all of our CT, RI, MA folks get through this ok.

It looks like right now 9:00PM EDST it's getting weaker! Here in RI 5 miles from the CT line we are expecting rain and 30-40 MPH gusts starting about 2AMSunday increasing to 60-70mph by midday.

If that's all we get that's not worse case at all. Near the shore timing of the high time is a concern.

I picked a really good time to visit Rhode Island. The latest forecast has the storm centered on the back yard of the house we are renting.

I'd invite you for a dive but huh....not too good for next few weeks.

Hey woke up at 5AM still had power and internet! SB however when down for bit. Right now it's a windy rainy day. The eye will go right over Hope Valley where I live so I expect to be incognito later for a day or two.

Good Luck to all!

Update 11:20 EDST Power is out. On generator now for a bit until I download enough entertainment to my MP3 player. Then I'll shut it off until 3pm.

Update: 3:00PM 1500 Power is still out. The sound of generators fills the air all around then plat. Got mine going for a while to keep the fridge cold, flush the toilet and check on the rest of the world. We be good!

I'm in Southwest jersey helping a friend move.

I was going to drive back today but decided better so I'm heading to syracuse ny for the night and I'll be back tommorow.

Back
Top Bottom