Henderson Vest TriLam Vs. Goldcore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tombiowami

Contributor
Reaction score
I am considering getting one of the vests mentioned and wondered if anyone has either one of them or any recommendations. The Gold vest has a 5mm hood that is a bit more than I need I think. Most of my diving is in NC quarries for now and am going to Largo in Oct. and then will be NC wreck diving. Thanks for any info.

Tommy

Tommy,

Do you happen to have a link to either of those two items by chance?

Tommy,
How do you plan to wear the vest? That is, are you going to put it under the suit, as I have seen some people do, or wear it outside-as others do ?
The answer is important, because the Gold Core lining, (and it$ cost add on) won't be of much extra help (versus a non GC vest) if you wear it outside another suit. Whereas, inside a non-lined suit,it could add even more to the thermal protection due to the high quality,IMO, seal it provides.
If memory serves, the Trilam is aquite a bit less warm( my experience is with suits, rather than hoods.)Please let us know what you decide, and why.
thanks,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom