Henderson Trilam - OK as a warm-water lycra?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xarifa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Speaking of Henderson, I am looking at a front-zip Trilam Premium for some upcoming warm-water dive trips. I dive dry here in chilly Seattle, but want a Lycra for tropics. It has the layer of fleece, so I'm wondering if it will be too warm? (I like the idea of neutral buoyancy--I think). Any suggestions/experience with the trilam would be greatly appreciated!

I was thinking of doing the same thing, so I tried one on
at my LDS and didn't like the feel or fit (wasn't comfortable).
So, I purchased a 3mm Henderson Hyperstretch full suit instead.
I believe the prices are close.

I just got back from Indonesia where I wore my Henderson Trilam for about 15 days of diving (3 and 4 dives a day) and was really comfortable. I had worn my nylon "skin" for the first couple of dives under my 3 mil shorty for a couple dives, but decided finally that the best was the fleece. Some of the dives were in really strong currents and I had scraped my knee before wearing the trilam. This gave me the little bit of extra protection that I really liked having. Enjoy!

Personally I like the Microprene skins. Have you looked into one of these?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom