NRS Work Boots For Warm Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I like the idea of having one size fin for warm and colder water diving. The fins I have are sized for full sole 7mm sized boots. I was thinking about grabbing some of the NRS Work boots. Has anyone used these in warm water? I have no problem wearing 7mm wetsuit boots in tropical water. I've never heard anyone say their feet are too hot on a dive. I like the idea that the work boots would have good traction and support. I could see losing ankle mobility as a possible concern though.

I imagine something like this would work for you with your large fin pocket:
I use these for shore diving and have recently started using them for my boat dives. It's really nice to have sturdy soles when climbing boat ladders and I can now use my larger pocket fins all the time.

Check these out, Maritime - Mid, great all around shoe that works with fins!
Botach has them for $35 (and maybe an additional 10% off during their Memorial Day sale.)

ETA:

Handy, as you can use them as travel shoes to and from if your are doing a livaboard and travelling light.

They are also nice with a pair of 3mm socks. Nice cushioning and a bit of warmth.

Unfortunately, I have an old ankle injury from active duty and still have 2 screws that are a permanent part of the joint. So any mid height boot may be problematic because of rubbing in that area. So, I was looking at something like this:

2338_left-side_041610_1000x1000[1].jpg

Don't know if anyone has the Seac HD Pro boots but these look like they would fill the foot pocket. They supposedly have arch support too.

SEACCalzariProHD6mmBoots_800x[1].png

Unfortunately, I have an old ankle injury from active duty and still have 2 screws that are a permanent part of the joint. So any mid height boot may be problematic because of rubbing in that area. So, I was looking at something like this:

View attachment 785448
I regularly use these, regardless of whether I am in a 7 mm or 3 mm suit.

The older models, which I had, were definitely harder to get in to, especially while wet; though the newer NRS models have a zipper on the neoprene portion . . .

I have the Altima, switched laces for bungee, they are decent rock boots and I’ve used them in warm water, they are packed for curaçao now. The only sort of issue is the inner material loves to collect sand, socks help them not grind on your toes.

Botach has them for $35 (and maybe an additional 10% off during their Memorial Day sale.)

ETA:

Handy, as you can use them as travel shoes to and from if your are doing a livaboard and travelling light.

They are also nice with a pair of 3mm socks. Nice cushioning and a bit of warmth.
These are excellent.. for me they have run a little small but I have 2 pairs and no issues,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom