NRS Work Boots For Warm Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately, I have an old ankle injury from active duty and still have 2 screws that are a permanent part of the joint. So any mid height boot may be problematic because of rubbing in that area. So, I was looking at something like this:

View attachment 785448
They do have an 8" version of the Maritime Assaults now, but about $140. I'm waiting for a very-good sale to come around and pick up a pair to replace my mids for DS boots.

These are excellent.. for me they have run a little small but I have 2 pairs and no issues,
When I tried the NRS (I think they were the "paddling" versions) at REI, they were very narrow. My feet are fairly wide, so no bueno. The Altama's are available in regular and wide versions. When I order the wide versions they seem spot on for my nominal size and comfortably snug with 3mm neoprene socks.

Obviously YMMV depending on version and particular foot geometry.

Back
Top Bottom