Help with planning a Coz dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol. I guess it’s relative to what we’re all used to. I have two very energetic dogs, which, in addition to running with me each morning and other activities, go on daily walks. The short ones are at least 2 miles and a regular walk is around 3. So 1.7 miles each way doesn’t seem like much. But yes, we’ll be on vacation and there to relax, so we will be taking cabs plenty I’m sure.
It is a pretty good walk between town and Blue Angel, but it's not all that far. In the course of my typical 12-14 day stay there I will likely make that trek 6 or 8 times. A taxi ride is equivalent to about US$4 if you pay in pesos.

Curious, anyone know what a taxi ride should cost from one of the southern resorts to downtown?

Curious, anyone know what a taxi ride should cost from one of the southern resorts to downtown?
The 2016 rate cards are still in effect (5 years ago the MXN/USD rate was about 19 to 1, now is about 20 to 1)
Occidental & Allegro = South zone 10 = $210 MXN (1-4 persons)
Iberostar = South zone 12 = $260 MXN (1-4 persons)
Fonatur marina = $110 MXN
upload_2021-7-30_8-27-51.png

There is no 'official' exchange rate so in currency other than peso's its what ever the driver says it is.

ive been fear factored into getting every insurance they have for fear of having some big dude as a cellmate if there are any issues.
ive been fear factored into getting every insurance they have for fear of having some big dude as a cellmate if there are any issues.
There is a definite possibility of being held on the island by police until damages from an accident are paid if full if you are driving drunk or uninsured. Of course it’s never a problem until you have a problem! Insurance is an excellent idea here. We always paid for insurance with our rental. Most times we rented from Rentadora Isis where the coverage was included in the reasonable rental price. My husband had an accident It was his fault. A local guy broke his collarbone and had a damaged moto as a result. Could have ruined our vacation but we had insurance! Again, we have never felt “shafted” by having to buy insurance coverage, we were grateful we had it when we needed it. Living here now, we bought car insurance. Hopefully we will never need to use it!

There is a definite possibility of being held on the island by police until damages from an accident are paid if full if you are driving drunk or uninsured. Of course it’s never a problem until you have a problem! Insurance is an excellent idea here. We always paid for insurance with our rental. Most times we rented from Rentadora Isis where the coverage was included in the reasonable rental price. My husband had an accident It was his fault. A local guy broke his collarbone and had a damaged moto as a result. Could have ruined our vacation but we had insurance! Again, we have never felt “shafted” by having to buy insurance coverage, we were grateful we had it when we needed it. Living here now, we bought car insurance. Hopefully we will never need to use it!

I would be more than happy to post up my bill so you guys can see the shafting I got lol

I would be more than happy to post up my bill so you guys can see the shafting I got lol

Nobody said you didn't get shafted but just because you got shafted doesn't everyone else renting a car will get shafted, as you implied with "you'll have to get shafted with the $600/week car rental". I gave you my local source for $35/day with insurance included.

Did you book one of those lowball too-good-to-be-true offers on expedia and then get hit up for insurance at the counter that was more than the rental? I don't need you to post your receipt but would like to know who you booked with and how you booked.

Blue Angel has a big following so book now, they only have 3-4 rooms per floor 3-4 floors. Also no elevator. But great location, restaurant and convenient dive op. you can use other op and get picked up there. Air fare for most airlines not set more than six months out and these days schedules change hourly.

Book hotel and op now and check air in Sept. especially if Carnival dates are same as yours. you can always get there (even the bag drag from Cancun} but accommodations for smaller hotels fill fast.

Nobody said you didn't get shafted but just because you got shafted doesn't everyone else renting a car will get shafted, as you implied with "you'll have to get shafted with the $600/week car rental". I gave you my local source for $35/day with insurance included.

Did you book one of those lowball too-good-to-be-true offers on expedia and then get hit up for insurance at the counter that was more than the rental? I don't need you to post your receipt but would like to know who you booked with and how you booked.

I booked with Alamo. But $35 does not include every insurance offered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom