Help with my decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got the Eclipse system for my wife today at ID (and some other halcyon toys). That said, I have been diving a bp/wing for 3+ years now (H Pioneer for singles, and now an evolve for doubles). I would never...ever go back to a "standard" bcd--it was the best move I ever made. DSS is very similar in design (as I am sure you already know) and after getting a few dives in you will find it easier to don/doff than "normal" bcds.

Sherman

sea nmf:
I told K about my decision on Saturday. However, fair warning, my wing will be PINK! I thought maybe a girlie color might swing her. . . . .

No, all my gear tends to be blue. So a pink girlie color didn't convince me.

So . . . did you get it? Will it arrive in time for the 28th? I'm excited for you - I can't wait to see it.

Yes, I ordered it. It is supposed to ship today or tomorrow. I don't know when it will arrive - they quoted ground - could be weeks.

K - they have purple but not blue. (And I was just kidding about swaying you with the color . . . :)

My new rig arrived on Friday. I must say that the pink is really a NEON pink. It will be tolerable after the sun fades it.

So I'm PM-ing Tobin because I can't figure out some stuff and he is very, very helpful. Getting the webbing through the bottom slots was challenging. He told me to use pliers to pull it through and that worked. (I only cracked myself in the face ONCE.) Now I just have to try it out.

I have no idea if I have it adjusted properly or not. It seems snug and all. I haven't put a tank on it yet so that may make a difference. I will try it out in our pool this weekend first, then get in the ocean.

Congrats on your new "toy" Have fun with it.

The rig I loaned you has rather "floppy" straps, while uncomfortable looking the stiffer webbing makes getting in and out a lot easier.

As far as donning and doffing in water - I do that more and more it seems, both from boats (I like to spend my surface interval swimming and off the rocking boat) and lately while Kyak diving with Howard4113 - it took 2 or 3 tries to get comfortable with it, but now is very simple - I use the "over the head" meathod while inwater. The only thing to be careful of is that you have your air turned on and can access a reg quickly in case you get tangled with your face in the water (mostly an issue while learning to do it this way)

Aloha, Tim

sea nmf:
My new rig arrived on Friday. I must say that the pink is really a NEON pink.

I guess I'll have zero problems spotting you in a crowd, then. :wink:

justleesa:
What's happening on the 28th???

I couldn't make any of the Breeze dive club scheduled dives in October. One of the great things about this club is that you can arrange your own "club" dive if you have at least 4 people - so I put one together on the 28th.

We're still needing at least 1 more person for the dive to be a confirmed go - anyone want to go? Don't need to be a dive club member, you can come along as a "guest" at club rates.

Back
Top Bottom