Help with first reg purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot:
I use DiveRites and am very happy with them. The "final straw" so to speak was when I read a review from an aquarium where they used DR regs in their daily work, but no annual maintenance for several thousand dives (over several years)... opened up the regs and they still looked like new... Not that anyone recommends doing this, but it seemed like a good test of reliability... I've been trying to find that story - anyone else remember reading it that could post a link?

Aloha, Tim

I remember that story Tim. Can't remember from where though. I had forgotten you had the DR. I can't remember if you have the RG2500s or not though. I think you said you didn't.

-P

Hey PerroneFord, I found it and changed my above post - sry for the confusion ...

I use the 1208 1st stage (older silver, not the new black) and a 2010 2nd stage for my backup reg (I use a Kirby Morgan Superflow for my primary 2nd stage) I am very happy with this setup...

Aloha, Tim

I Dive with a Scuba Pro and find it a good reg. They have a lifetime free parts provided you have them serviced once a year. You should have no trouble finding an authorized Scuba Pro dealer anywhere in the Carib, Baham, US area. For the minimal annual servicing cost it wouldn't pay to learn how to do then pay for the parts and do the work. Also if you're cruising you'll have enough to do just in boat maintainence. Good Luck. Tom Divemaster/Master Scuba diver

Roger,

Welcome to SB!

As a fellow boater I can understand the desire for reliable equipment with the ability to be self serviced.

One of Zeagle's latest models, the "Rezort", takes aim at several special markets, one of which is the Caribbean, an area where Sherwood regulators are very popular. The Rezort first stage is incredibly simple, and coupled with the Envoy second stage, it achieves excellent performance to depths as great as 198'. (Ansti tested.) The MSRP is only $258.

http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=ReZort&category=Regulators

Capt Chad
FL Zeagle Rep

Hi,

Regulator choice generally comes down to performance, reliability and cost. As suggested, stick with the top of the line of all manufacturers. Pick the one that fits your breathing requirements. I personally like the finishing touches like PreDive/Dive selectors, adjustable flow valves, comfortable mouthpieces and low drag (smaller) second stages. I currently use a ScubaPro Mk25 1st stage and S600 2nd stage with a UWTEC dive computer. In the past I used the top of the line Aqualung and Sherwood products. All were reliable on extended saltwater exposure periods (months) and received just a dip in a bucket of fresh water. Your regulator choice is important in many ways but it must meet your comfort levels in performance. Get the one that feels the best and then be very selective in your service center choices.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom