Help with first liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishfriend

Registered
Reaction score
hi guys, this is Almitywife... in trying to do some housekeeping i messed up the thread a bit but think ive got it back to where it was - APOLOGIZES!!!!

We will be in Thailand for a only 6 days dec 15-21 landing in Bangkok. We have very few choices for liveaboards in this timeframe. Pawara, Queen Scuba, Mermaid-2, Dolphn Queen (Siam Diving safaris)

Pawara would be Hin Daeng Hin Muang for 2 days and ideal for our timeframe. the rest would be 5 nights starting on Dec 15 night. I am thinking we would be jet lagged, tired and may not be yet ready for our first liveaboard.

But I hear Hin Muang is barren ... We would love to see some pelagics expecially Mantas.
Can you please help us decide ... Usually how long a break is recommended from when you land in Thailand and you board your boat ... Is Pawara recommended for divers with 50+ dives under their belt ...
Thanks so much ...

Queen Scuba is leaving on the 15th, for 4 days/4 nights. Of the boats you mention, I think I would prefer that trip and that boat. Certainly for a first trip, I think Similans etc. are nicer than Hin Daeng etc.
You could also consider Black manta, departing on the 17th for 4 days/4 nights.

Queen Scuba is leaving on the 15th, for 4 days/4 nights. Of the boats you mention, I think I would prefer that trip and that boat. Certainly for a first trip, I think Similans etc. are nicer than Hin Daeng etc.

you can always tell when its low season in Thailand, the dive shop owners spend their days at the keyboard suggesting links to their own websites rather than with customers in the shop :)

Hin Muang and Hin Daeng are still excellent dives. The first night onboard would allow you plenty of time to rest up before diving commences the following day if you did decide to do the similans.

you can always tell when its low season in Thailand, the dive shop owners spend their days at the keyboard suggesting links to their own websites rather than with customers in the shop
I always make sure, year round, that I have time to answer questions on the board. So no connection at all with low season or not :D.

Hin Muang and Hin Daeng are still excellent dives. The first night onboard would allow you plenty of time to rest up before diving commences the following day if you did decide to do the similans.
But the visibility is usually much worse than in the North.....

The first night onboard rest up applies equally to the overnight trip to the Similans, as well as Hin Daeng/Muang.

I'm not affiliated to any shop, but I've met Stevenl, as well as several others from Phuket, and I can honestly say that they just provide general advice, and I've never really noticed any "trolling" for business. :wink:

I actually suggested that fishfriend start this thread, as I didn't know the boats she was talking about. I think Steven has been nothing but helpful.

Black Manta is a very nice boat. Nice rooms and plenty of space - the platform is massive.

I always make sure, year round, that I have time to answer questions on the board. So no connection at all with low season or not :D.

this as well as others

what a helpful chap

perhaps you should see your way to becoming a supporting member of scubaboard as you use it to promote your business, as answering questions with links to your own products is just that

perhaps you should see your way to becoming a supporting member of scubaboard as you use it to promote your business, as answering questions with links to your own products is just that
Many businesses on SB have their own complete forums.....for free! Some do sponsor, but I really don't think it's all of them. Pete is happy with any input he can get.

How about you....as someone who gets benefit from the board....are you a supporting member?

Without the people who can answer the questions there wouldn't BE a board! :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom