Help with first liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anonymous communications have an important place in our political and social discourse.

As for the beer thing its all to do with a sense of humour.

I did bring it up with Duke. Saying that it was last season I believe their first so it could be they where just working things out.

But I still will not go on that boat.

I still would not go back.

Pawara has just completed it's 2nd season, and I concur with comments made by Ringo, there were some teething problems in the 1st season.

Hey, we all like a beer or 5, but you know some people reading forums take them quite seriously and are looking for informed opinions, so might take your comments as those made by a burnt out dive guide who sits around drinking all day :)

Last edited:
I was one of the people looking for some good information but I see you guys are just bickering here...:shakehead:

Seems like all the dive people, especially in other threads, from Thailand fight here.

Almity, your link does not work my dear...

Hmmm, the post mentioning people are coming here to get good information is missing. Anyway, maybe discussing but it turns people off as that post said. I dive a lot and I know how it goes but it might be a good idea to keep it in PM. I'll still dive Thailand no matter what but I live here in Asia so it's easy for me to get there. Divers who are coming from a lot farther away might think twice.

It's not so much you guys as the other Thailand threads here where the real bashing takes place. Just my opinion.

Dennis, I presume you are referring to the Phuket-Tao bashing thread? That one was started just for bashing, so everybody can keep the other threads clean and stick to giving good and helpful advice.

Not real bashing anyway, just joke bashing and winding people up. Actually I don't see Koh Tao vs. Phuket/Khao Lak as competition anyway. It's a different kind of diving, and largely a different kind of customer.

I'm really amazed that so many people take the Phuket vs Koh Tao thing that serious.
I sometimes wonder if I'm one of very few on the board who appreciates a joke with a bite.
Maybe I should watch more Black Adder, The Young Ones, The (British) Office, Little Britain and the like and post a bit less on ScubaBoard?

Back
Top Bottom