Help with first liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm really amazed that so many people take the Phuket vs Koh Tao thing that serious.
I sometimes wonder if I'm one of very few on the board who appreciates a joke with a bite.
Maybe I should watch more Black Adder, The Young Ones, The (British) Office, Little Britain and the like and post a bit less on ScubaBoard?
Well....you can't expect everyone else to get British humour....no matter how funny. :D (Or Dutch for that matter!)

I've never really noticed a real Phuket vs Koh Tao thing happening - but Pattaya is another matter altogether.

I've been several times to Thailand and actually KNOW some of you (sorry I missed you Bowmouth - a little birdie told me that you worked on a boat that used to be (part) owned by an ex-boss of mine!! :eyebrow: :rofl3:) - but I do think that the Thailand forum does present an unfortunate image to the world sometimes. There IS quite some apparent bickering in various threads, and we've even had people hiding behind screen names to make wild personal attacks on people, and their ops.

I know perception isn't always the reality, but perception is often what decides who cgoes to Thailand and who doesn't. It's really easy to be misunderstood on the Internet - and some are really quick to get offended. (which does make me wonder why some of them come on the Internet in the first place, because sometimes it comes over as a little naive! :D)

Well....you can't expect everyone else to get British humour....no matter how funny. :D (Or Dutch for that matter!)

I guess you're right Kim but wouldn't it be wonderful though if we all did? What is life without a few good laughs from time to time?

The boat I worked on has now been sold and will be moving to Indonesia in a few days time. The previos owner is counting his bag full of gold coins now and may start a small business as Lloyds certified ship inspector in Phuket.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom