help with a new diver...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docmojo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

My daughter has gotten her card and I am thinking of getting her equipment for x-mas. I have been diving for some time and use a back bladder type BC.. I was wanting suggestions on great fitting BC's ... She is small 5ft 2in and about 115lbs. small muscular frame.

Thanks in advance,

I have had the Seaquest Libra for about a year or more and I really like it. I have the small. I am 5'5" and about 130 lbs, but according to the size chart, it can be used by someone your daughter's size. It it very adjustable, so I'm able to wear it with a wetsuit and also with my drysuit.

The Libra is back-inflate (not jacket style) and has a nice big pocket on the left (?) side. It can carry up to 30 lbs of weight between the two dumpable pockets on the front and two non-ditchable pockets on the back, although I can't imagine your daughter ever needing that much weight...

thanks for yur help.... i'll look in to them..... thanks again....:)

Also check the oceanic Isla. weight integrated w/rear trim pockets and pockets on either side. the position of the shoulder straps also are adjustable from side to side in the front to accomodate different bust sizes. There are also several positions(3 I believe) for the sternum strap. It also has the depth compensating cummerbund so you don't have to mess with it once you're down.

The Zeagle Zena BC is what both my daughter and wife use they love it.

I got the Seaquest Libra when I first got certified, about 8 years ago. It is a great BC, and has held up well over the years. I still dive it on occassion, but the new ones are REALLY nice.

Thanks again for the help given.. I have read alot and we are going to try them this weekend. Hope to be diving soon...
Thanks again,

I've been very happy with my ScubaPro Lady Hawk. It is a back inflate designed for women. There are a lot of great discussions about women's BCs in this forum that you may also want to check out. Good luck and congratulations to your daughter!

cmt489:
I've been very happy with my ScubaPro Lady Hawk. It is a back inflate designed for women. There are a lot of great discussions about women's BCs in this forum that you may also want to check out. Good luck and congratulations to your daughter!
My wife owns 3 BC's designed for women and seems to favor the same one you use.

My wife has a Zeagle Stiletto. It's not a women's specific BCD, but it fits her pretty good. Like all their products, it's comfortable, well built, and highly adjustable. It features the Zeagle Personal Fit System, which would allow you swap out components like shoulder straps ... this might be a nice if your daughter is still growing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom