Help needed! Trading-In the SmartCOM for the Air Z Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I mentioned this trade in option to my LDS that is the Israeli UWATEC representative. He was surprised to hear this and said he will check it out. Two days afterwards I called him again and he said that he spoke with UWATEC and there is no such trade in option and that even UWATEC was surprised to hear about it.

Meanwhile he took my old SmartCOM and gave me till the SmartCOM is back a mini SPG with a small compas and an Aladin Pro Ultra.

Can anyone help? Anyone knows a telephone number of an official in UWATEC that can "pull the right strings" to help me do the trade in?

I really really want to trade my SmartCOM to the Air Z Nitrox.

Please help.

If Uwatec already said they aren't offering that trade, why do you figure they'd change their policy just for you? Get over it or wait for the new SmartCom. Its alot better computer than the Z anyway.

I just dropped off my Smartcom to a dealer in Thailand here. I asked the same thing and the dealer here said they have not heard anything about an exchange program either. They are sending it back to Uwatec Asia based in Hong Kong. It seems like only Uwatec US is the only one offering the exchange.

Personally though I think going to Air Z Nitrox is also a step back, computer wise eventhough it is wireless connection.

You will end up with datatrak which is not as good and it won't hold that many dives without additional hardware.

WHy do you guys think that the SmartCOM is a "alot better computer"?? Except for the MB levels (which I never use because of the display bug [if anyone doesn't know the display bug, ask me, I'll tell you all about it]) and o2% of up to 100% what are the "big" differences?

Who said the "new" smart is a "much better"?? Are there improvemnts except the bug fix? Anyone heard anything? Are they goign to fix the display bug while using MB levels?

Maybe it is only me... I regret a little buying the SmartCOM. If I could turn the wheel back I would go for hoseless. Either the Air Z Nitrox or the Suunto Vytec.

Ahhh... I wish I could do the exchange.

skyellab once bubbled...
I am getting the smartcom and getting rid of my Airz nitrox. The new smartcom is much better!

skyellab: Seems you know something we don't know. What do you know about the new SmartCOM?

Do you want to exchange it with me? I'll give you my new SmartCOM when it'll arrive and you will give me you Air Z Nitrox + the transmiter... deal? :nod:

skyellab once bubbled...
I am getting the smartcom and getting rid of my Airz nitrox. The new smartcom is much better!

The Smart is "much better"?

At what????

I just traded in the Smartcom for the Air Z tonight at the LDS. After reading the manual for the Air Z there really isnt much difference between the two units.Well not any that I was really going to use anyway.

For the people who love the Smartcom have you really considered the size of the Air Z? Its SO MUCH SMALLER. It also seemed like a distraction compared to the wrist mounted unit.

About the Sw logging,,, Its a nice feature but who the heck really uses all that information anyway? I sure dont add points in the dive software where I see fish or turtles. I also dont take pictures of dive buddies and use them in the Sw.

Just to add some fuel to the fire my LDS said he was going to ask Uwatec for the software for me at no cost. If I can actually pull that off I will let everyone know. :)

What software? I download off the Uwatec site. And I can't read my wrist. I had to get a console as back up. I can not wait for my smartcom!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom