Help me decide Aqualung Axiom I3 vs Dimension I3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

larryfl1

Registered
Reaction score
Hey All,

i am very confused on what to get...

i am getting into diving after a 15 year break from it... i did a little diving way back in the 90's with a old zeagle...

i always had trouble with it not staying in place and the tank moving... from what i remember

so now i am buying new stuff and the local shop is recommending the axiom i3 as a hybrid... rear inflate feeling but the benefit of some side....

after reading i found the dimension as a true rear i3 bc...

what is the pro con from everyones experience and recommendation...

im a heavy set guy...

many thanks..

larry

I chose the Dimension because of the back inflate and love it. The only time I've used a jacket BC was when I did my OW and during my stress test for my DM (they wanted us in unfamiliar gear) and I would never go back to one. Ask them to elaborate on exactly what benefits side inflation has because I've never found any. Being that your heavy I would lean even more towards the Dimension as back inflates tend to have quite a bit less material on the sides and in my experience don't squeeze uncomfortably when inflated as many jacket style BC's tend too.

The Axiom is by far more comfortable than the other designs out there. The advantages of the front belt adjustment, the ease of use of the Octo pocket, the tank strap can only be compared to the ScubaPro tank strap.

I've used many, many, many BCDs over the years and now use the Axiom I3 to teach in and I'm in the water 3-4 times a week and normally either Sat or Sun every weekend.

I'm not a super heavy weight but not slim either, the Axiom is far better than the ScubaPro Glide Pro or Zeagles I've used for a number of years...

The Axiom is by far more comfortable than the other designs out there. The advantages of the front belt adjustment, the ease of use of the Octo pocket, the tank strap can only be compared to the ScubaPro tank strap.

I've used many, many, many BCDs over the years and now use the Axiom I3 to teach in and I'm in the water 3-4 times a week and normally either Sat or Sun every weekend.

I'm not a super heavy weight but not slim either, the Axiom is far better than the ScubaPro Glide Pro or Zeagles I've used for a number of years...

have you also tried the dimension to compare the axiom to that? the LDS told me that the axiom will feel like the dimension but add some minimal side air to help on the surface.....

All the BS you hear about this back inflate and that jacket style are mainly just that BS....

The Axiom bridges the gap between these two styles and adds the excellent tank strap, plus I3 and you get the improved waist strap

The Dimension can have I3 just like the ProQD can, but both have old designs vs the Axiom.

I'm selling my new ScubaPro Glide Pro to buy another Axiom but this one with the standard inflator ...

I am not an AquaLung dealer ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom