Help deciding between Mares Smart Pro & Aqualung i300c (and bonus weird question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SealFashion

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I am recently back to blowing bubbles and would like advise from the board members on choosing a wrist computer.

I am trying to choose between a Mares Smart Pro & Aqualung i300c.

Both of these are available to me new for under $210.

Any comments and advise would be appreciated....i dive almost exclusively on air and I mostly spearfish and catch lobster.

Bonus question....I have an old Aeris HP console and it had a Aeris Atmos1 computer in it that is now dead.

What puck style computers would fit in my Aeris console?

Any and all comments welcome

Thanks in advance for your attention to my question

I can't speak about the Aqualung, but my son and I dive Mares Puck Pro+ computers which are very similar in function to the Mares Smart Pro (a dive buddy of mine has that) except the Smart has more buttons to make navigation easier, and the Smart has a slightly smaller watch-size form factor. For the price, we've been very happy with our Mares computers, and my buddy likes his Mares Smart Pro.

As to your 2nd question, I don't know what size computer your Aeris console will accomodate, but there are some Mares Puck console models also (believe they are called Mares Mission Puck). Not sure if they are commonly sold apart from the Mares console they come in or not, but that could be an option.

Thank you for your reply Rob. I ended up buying the Aqualung i300C...for $197.99 for a new in the box unit at an LDS. At that price it is a very small risk for a computer that seems to have something of a following for beginners to intermediate skill level divers. It has more features than I will probable ever use.

I looked at used items and it seems nuts that anyone would spend $100-150 for an old used computer that is circa late 90s to 2009ish when a new non AI unit can be had for $200.

About the Aeris I am sort of bummed about it because computer or no computer I want to have a regular depth gauge and pressure gauge as backup and so finding something that will fit into the boot to replace the dead Aeris Atmos would be nice. The physical profile of that computer is not something I seem to be finding in new units and I would hate to put something in there and then find that it fell out during a dive because the fit was sloppy

Back
Top Bottom