Help me choose some regs and gauges.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic Aquatics. I have their mid-level B2, and have been happy with it (also have the SS1 which is their safe second, like an Air2). They make an entry-level Z1 (may be coming out with a Z2 shortly) which was well-rated in Rodale's testing.

Gauges: Cressi-sub makes mini-gauges, you can get the 2-gauge with pressure and depth, or the 3-gauge with a compass. Supposedly better than the scubapro because they're made of brass.

Check out Scubatoys.com; that's where we bought from and they always give good advice. Their products have full mfg. warranties and they'll match LeisurePro prices.

As a relatively new diver my LDS suggested the Titan LX as a very tough, good breathing but not expensive reg that will last a long time as my experience grows. I've been very happy with it. Breathes easily down to my max of 115fsw. It has an adjustment knob for preventing free-flow around the surface but I always keep it on easy setting when breathing it.

I decided to go with the Suunto Cobra with compass. It's not hard to learn and I like the planning, non-deco and air time info. I also like downloading the info and looking at the graphs and air consumption (SAC) rates. However, for basic tropical diving it is probably overkill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom