Help Make Up My Mind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jersey Diver

Reaction score
I'll be buying my first regulator set up very soon and cant make up my mind on which to buy. Apeks & ScubaPro are the two i'm looking at. I see that some people have different combos of Apeks regs, i was wondering why they do that. ATX200 is the reg i was thinking about, & from scubapro the mk25sa/s600. Most of the diving i'll be doing will be in the cold waters of NJ & the north east. Any info or opinions would be realy appreciated. TY

If you're diving cold water, maybe you would like to look rather into the Scubapro MK17 first stage than the MK25. The MK25/S600 combo is known to be proned to freezing.
Otherwise, both regs would make anyone happy. You may want to ask the shop whether they let you try both and choose the one you like better. :wink:

Go for the ATX200, they are great and bulletprrof. The sealed desing will be an asset over the unsealed SP MK25 that are known to freeze.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom