HELP, I need warmth and dexterity in gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awdemeo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I dive a drysuit year round locally in a quarry temp at the bottom is 41 degrees. I wear deep sea 5 mm gloves and they were warm the first year but the second year they are not working so well probably due to use on my drysuit vs. my wetsuit. I was wondering if their is a glove out their that i can still get dextarity out of because right now i have none i was thinking about gloves with seals on them not drysuit gloves. anyone have any advice on what i could get or what would be warm and still have dextarity?

A 6 or 7mm Mitt is the next best thing if you wish to dive wet, but you will lose dexterity. 41 degrees isn't what I'd call really cold diving , but perhaps your dives are longer than most... If you find cold to be a problem, you might want to "go dry" for extended dives. I often utilize detachable dry gloves with a pair of down gloves. When breathing helium Incorporate a chemical heat pad on the top inside of the dry glove.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom