• DGX 30# package

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • HOG 32# total BC package

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Deep6 30# package

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been looking how to order one since I'd seen them months ago... how does one order one?!

Freedom Plate waiting list.

The link is to the thread that Eric uses to keep track of orders. If you don't get a response in a reasonable amount of time, he has a day job, start a conversation (PM) with member Eric Sedletzky to let him know you are interested.

Sometimes you can find one for sale on Scubaboard occasionally, but there are various versions as he has improved the design. I have one of the early ones, and like it a lot.

That I read. But the material is 400 denier vs dgx that is 1000 denier. Wing material is one of my concerns between my options.
Are you planning on crawling through wrecks or caves?

Far as just wanting a BP/W I'd vote for the DGX. The lower cost is a huge part of that. I would simply get the DGX and add the trim pockets with alu backplate and call it a day for under $400

I have been looking how to order one since I'd seen them months ago... how does one order one?!
Home - Official Site
FREE shipping!

I'm a chronic overpacker, I need the extra pounds for luggage on all my hypothetical trips to warm water :p
If weight is an issue, I would wear my BP with harness under my coat as I got on.

That I read. But the material is 400 denier vs dgx that is 1000 denier. Wing material is one of my concerns between my options.

it had a woven inner bladder though so the inner bladder is more durable. Since the laminated part of the outer bladder is on the outside, it also dries faster and most things "slip" off of it. The 1000d has yarn that is over twice as thick which means things are more prone to "grabbing". Yes it is more puncture resistant, but the fabric is also nearly 3x as heavy and takes that much longer to dry so you have to ask yourself how often you're puncturing bcd's. For a single tank the answer should be never.

Back
Top Bottom