Helmet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCBC

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Have you ever used a Diving Helmet or FFM? If so, what type? If not, would you be interested in trying one?

List any Helmet or FFM that you've tried or owned. How do you rate the helmets/masks you've tried? Please insert pics (from any website, so we can identify it).

I've tried a number of them, but love my Kirby Morgan 17B with an Ultrajewel (helium reclamation).

Attachments

• ULTRAJEWEL.jpg
    ULTRAJEWEL.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 195
  • Ready4Work.JPG
    Ready4Work.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 171
Have you ever used a Diving Helmet or FFM? If so, what type? If not, would you be interested in trying one?

List any Helmet or FFM that you've tried or owned. How do you rate the helmets/masks you've tried? Please insert pics (from any website, so we can identify it).

I've tried a number of them, but love my Kirby Morgan 17B with an Ultrajewel (helium reclamation).

I've used the Ocean Reef full face mask during a Demo day held at Dutch Springs with the push to talk communication unit.

products_ffm.jpg

I'd be very interested in, not only trying, but being properly trained and fully certified in the use of a FFM - especially a Kirby Morgan. Are you teaching? Sign me up!

You now know deep inside, that you really should have taken that commercial diving course...

Don't worry Trace, you're still in the flower of your youth! You've got lots of time. :wink:

I own, and use, a KMB mask from 1973. I am not sure of the designated number, maybe a 2? I know it is a Navy Mk1. It is plastic, instead of fiberglass (EOD I'm told) and was distributed by US Divers back then. Have had it worked on at Morse a few times. Sometimes I use a hose and bailout (and comms), sometimes just scuba, and comms, if there is no entanglement issues and it is fairly shallow. That is usually for a quick recovery and tie in. I don't, always, use a standard harness as I have an old bc in case I need lift for me. Most of my stuff is recovering dropped or broken equipment, or raising sunken boats and barges. For boats and barges I used a standard equipment configuration, hose, comms, bailout, harness, etc.

I also own a KM Exo-26. I like this for vehicle recoveries, and inspection work, as it is lightweight and again I can use scuba and a comm-line to make it easy and safe.

Attachments

• Mark Diving 2003.jpg
    Mark Diving 2003.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 145
  • TXI Job 1 and 2.jpg
    TXI Job 1 and 2.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Mark Irish Bayou March 2005.jpg
    Mark Irish Bayou March 2005.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I've never tried one though have some interest to couple one with my Dolphin

The Kirby Morgan Mk-48 is popular and works well on a rebreather.

Attachments

• KM MK48.JPG
    KM MK48.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 627
Would love to throw one of those on my melon for a dive

Once you get use to it, you wouldn't want to go back... :)

I've been using the IST mask for many years. Simple, reliable, no frills, pretty much indestructable. Perfect for my needs.

These have been around for a long time. Cressi and Poseidon made them before IST did a copy I believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom