Hello People!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eandiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi people:)

I'm new to the sport, 40 dives, Nitrox and if this El Nino stuff ever lets up I can finish my AOW checkout dives.
I'm a TSA security screener at Tampa Intl airport (checked baggage) for SouthWest, Condor and..................Cayman airlines!
As the only diver in my shift I get to check all the dive gear going to the islands and talk to most of the divers and have learned quite a bit from that. Thanks guys!

This looks like a great board with a lot of intellegent people and good information.

Nice to of met you. Been to the Tampa/St Petersburgh area several times. Look forward to retire to that area sometime.
A great place to be,especially for us northerners that hate the cold & snow.

I see your a security screener at tampa int. How do you like your job. Have any excitement yet. Was wondering though, other than the oxygen tanks one have, are their any special criterier for check in of dive gear?

Good luck on your AWO.. & welcome to the board.

safe diving to you.......

Welcome to the board.

I'm sure you'll have a great time discussing topics of mutual interest with the good folks (and some not so good folks) here!

DSAO

Welcome! Boy, wouldn't it be nice if all the security people at airports were diver or diver savvy?

Welcome aboard!:D

Welcome to the board eandiver, thats one way of getting dive info:D get em while checking their bags:D

I see your a security screener at tampa int. How do you like your job. Have any excitement yet. Was wondering though, other than the oxygen tanks one have, are their any special criterier for check in of dive gear?

Let's see.......in the last month 2 explosive scares with 1 evacuation, 5 or so undeclared hand guns and a whole lot of adult novelties. The last one is what worries me the most:eek:

No special criteria for dive gear. The only problem I've encountered is people trying to pack too much stuff in a bag. If it doesn't alarm no problem, we don't open it but if it does and I have to open and inspect then it becomes a pain trying to get it all back in in a reasonable amount of time. Plus the passenger is not allowed to remove, touch or put anything back in their bag once the screening process has begun. Personally the less someone handles my gear the better I feel.

and yes the more savvy the screener is about the better the search. I've had a co-worker hold up a really nice Zeagle BC and ask what it was:confused:

Welcome to the board. I'm also a newbie. I have relatives in Tampa, and would love to make it down more often. I've never had the pleasure of diving there, how is it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom