Hello and Hurricane Updates from Christi's house in Cozumel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadie'smom ,or Christi's mom, next time you talk to Christi can you find out if she has room and open for biz Dec 4th to 7th and if the Palace Hotel is very damaged or open for biz?

I'm determined to try and salvage this trip somehow :)

Just got off of the phone with Christi. She says that it is every bit as bad as it sounds. Total devastation. The best estimate for power retuning is 3 to 7 weeks. The road between the Chedruai and Villa Blanca along the water front is gone.

Shamu is afloat but has experienced some damage. It is repairable but not sure if the motor was underwater or not. As I was talking to her Mage and Pedro were down at the Caleta checking the boat out.

Christi said that everything is getting covered with mold. The sun is now out and the water is receeding and with no power there is very little ventilation so the moild is growing on everything.I told her to keep her head up now she has had it down for the last three days and now is the time to be strong and accept the help and love from all her friends.

I would ask that if anyone had a deposit down for a trip with her that they let her keep it and she will try to work out something later when she is back in operation. Right now she needs a lot of help and support.

Thank you everyone

chuck86:
Just got off of the phone with Christi. She says that it is every bit as bad as it sounds. Total devastation. The best estimate for power retuning is 3 to 7 weeks. The road between the Chedruai and Villa Blanca along the water front is gone.

Shamu is afloat but has experienced some damage. It is repairable but not sure if the motor was underwater or not. As I was talking to her Mage and Pedro were down at the Caleta checking the boat out.

Christi said that everything is getting covered with mold. The sun is now out and the water is receeding and with no power there is very little ventilation so the moild is growing on everything.I told her to keep her head up now she has had it down for the last three days and now is the time to be strong and accept the help and love from all her friends.

I would ask that if anyone had a deposit down for a trip with her that they let her keep it and she will try to work out something later when she is back in operation. Right now she needs a lot of help and support.

Thank you everyone

Do you/she think she will be open for biz around Dec 3rd?

I think she probably will be ready for operation by then. The problem is will the hotels and the rest of the infrastructure be ready.

Can anyone confirm that the cruise ship pier was destroyed? I read that all piers were destroyed or non-functional except the passenger ferry pier which is somewhat functional. I certainly hope those reports are exaggerated. Here's a link to where I read it:
http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/BoardDCForum1/Data_HTML/dcforum/DCForumID11/2074.html

I'm very sorry for all those who live and work in Cozumel. This is going to be a tough time.

Yes it is gone and all the shops that you walk through coming off the pier are also gone.

I am suppose to be there from the 3rd-10th of December, and am scheduled to dive with Christi, and as long as I can get there and have a dry place to stay (still unsure) I'm going, even if I can't dive, I can snorkle. I don't mind giving her the deposit, how could you not help out after all she has done for other people. I hope everything turns out well. And I hope to see fellow SB members while I'm there.

This is a quote from the Aldora update:

"The new cruise ship pier downtown, Punta Langosta seems to be completely intact but the adjacent buildings and mini mall are seriously damaged."

Maybe there is one Cruiseship pier left...

SadiesMom:
Thanks, Martha...I will be as well. For your reasons and also because the money goes to those directly involved in the dive industry.
Yes, that was part of my reasoning too, I just forgot to mention it.

chuck86:
I think she probably will be ready for operation by then. The problem is will the hotels and the rest of the infrastructure be ready.

Did I see that you posted you were Christi's mom? Did I read that correctly? Chuck? From Kansas? Her mom is from Houston. I am thoroughly confused.

Back
Top Bottom