Helicopter wreck off Aquaventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axua:
is at 30 meters nothing but a small 2 seater helicopter sitting in silt. no blades and rear rotors. a pile of tires sits 5 meter north of it. on the shallow part about 20 meters a truck. Its a junkyard there.

not too many fish life just a trumpet fish, 3 scropion fish and some reef fish. If you sink down one in the same area, hope you could sink it deeper maybe 45 meters.

Ahh.... thanks much :)
The trip was moved to Monday ... anyone, feel free to come.
Sounds like an easy dive...though I hate silt.... but will try taking pics anyway.

SO it has not slid farther .... I was told that it once skid to 42m and was pulled closer....should I kick it back ? hehehe

Cheers!

eric

chewie:
FYI, DIVENET was the group which sank it about 10 years ago :)

Yup, yup!
helicopter.jpg

Spoon:
thats chewie in the pic?
yup, sure looks like it!

strange though that divers 10 years ago look so thin... was it the air quality? use of jacket BCs? no DIR/non-DIR or H/S debates to keep the popcorn flowing?

now... where's that big mac?

Jag

some "Moonie-and-the-Chopper" pics: http://punzalane.multiply.com/photos/album/10

It was a good dive ...especially that it was a Monday and we had the entire Aquaventure to ourselves!

We did a short surface swim (65 cu ft tanks) to the buoy (heading 270 deg from the shower heads) and had a great time, rather eerie, descending through the buoy line.

The line which is partly "recycled and bundled" fishing net is now home to many creatures which would make a macro photographer salivate :) will post pics later.

Visibility was estimated at 15 meters with minimum suspended particles until some of us hit the floor ....

Water temp: 27 C
Max depth (chopper): 25.7 m
BT: 55 min
Ave Depth: 3 m

Cheers :)

Moonie goes to Jag today!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom