Helicopter wreck off Aquaventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eric_p

Contributor
Reaction score
Paranaque City, Philippines/orig. from Candelaria,
I was invited to check this wreck tomorrow...prelude to sinking (maybe) another one.
Anybody cares to share what I can expect? You've been there lately?

:)

is at 30 meters nothing but a small 2 seater helicopter sitting in silt. no blades and rear rotors. a pile of tires sits 5 meter north of it. on the shallow part about 20 meters a truck. Its a junkyard there.

not too many fish life just a trumpet fish, 3 scropion fish and some reef fish. If you sink down one in the same area, hope you could sink it deeper maybe 45 meters.

Puffer fish, too. Was that a jeepney I saw there? Tends to get silty with too many divers.

But go... another dive experience.

jonix:
when i got OW certified i was hoping to do the "manta" dive i...

"Manta dives" are a work of fiction - created by brilliant photographers like Mike with the aid of digital manipulation. They are merely photoshopped sharks blended with stingrays, and then displayed in advertising by kaniving holiday marketing people to lure the innocent diver. I have been sucked in by this global photographers and marketers practical joke twice, but now I know better! It's payback time, I'm here to let the world know there is no Manta! Just like there is no Loch Ness Monster, it's a scam! I am here to let you all know, it's a scam!

Mantas don't exist!

Z...

Zeeman:
"Manta dives" are a work of fiction - created by brilliant photographers like Mike with the aid of digital manipulation. They are merely photoshopped sharks blended with stingrays, and then displayed in advertising by kaniving holiday marketing people to lure the innocent diver. I have been sucked in by this global photographers and marketers practical joke twice, but now I know better! It's payback time, I'm here to let the world know there is no Manta! Just like there is no Loch Ness Monster, it's a scam! I am here to let you all know, it's a scam!

Mantas don't exist!

Z...
what about your photos in the other thread?

Zeeman:
"

Mantas don't exist!

Z...

i kinda agree with you. dont underestimate the powers of special effects. rumor has it that tons of latex and special paint dyes were imported to yap for special underwater applications. this stuff is used to make uw model animals that look exactly like the real thing. works especially well when photographed with strobes. can anyone confirm this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom