Heavy Metal Tour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Navyhmc

New
Reaction score
Trying to start planning a Keys Heavy Metal Tour: Bibb, Vandenburg, Duane, Spiegel Grove, etc. We'd prefer a live aboard, but the highest priority are the dives.

Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated. We had hoped for the Spree, but that ship has literally sailed.

Thanks in advance.

The UG Fort Myers is planning several wreck trips and is a live aboard. But I haven't seen a schedule formally announced yet from them on wreck trips & details.. They are doing some re-fits and it looks like its going to be an incredible dive boat !!

Don't know if they still do it, but Juliet Sailing and Diving used to do a couple of Keys tours each year. Its a fun boat, I'm doing a Bahamas trip again with them this year.

Another option is to book with a land based operator like Conch Republic Divers and ask them to visit specific sites. I've done that on several occasions to ensure I was hitting the four deep upper keys wrecks on one trip

+1 Both the things @sportxlh mentioned. I was on the Juliet in St. Croix this winter and had a blast. If they run a Keys trip you can't go wrong with them. Just an awesome crew & boat. Also Admiral Brenda at Conch Republic will take good care of you. If you let her know in advance specific dives you want, she'll/they'll bend over backwards to make it happen if someone else hasn't already beat you to the punch on specific dates. Can't say enough good things about them. Good luck & have fun. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom