Headed to Maui May 12th-28th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott_DC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone! I'm getting ready to head to Maui - will be there the 12th through the 28th. Would love to find some locals to go diving with while i'm there. I'm staying in a condo in Wailea. I've heard the diving is great - both boat and shore dives.

So - anyone want to hit the water with me? Or got any reccomendations?

Thanks!

Give B&B a call, their contact info can be found at www.bbscuba.com

Best outfit ever as far as I'm concerned. Tim will be along soon to talk about some shore dives :)

I will? Oh, right I will :D

Lots of shore diving here on Maui - both in the Wailea/Kihei area as well as up North at the Lahaina/Kaanapali end.

Drop me a PM and we can see about doing some diving up my way (Lahaina) while your here - conditions have bee wonderful this week - Friday's dive at Mala Warf gave us 80ft vis, 10 minutes with the white tip and over an hour of bottom time - Great dive :) Lots of other places here too.

For Shore diving Kihei/Wailea drop KrisB a line - he's become quite familiar with it and is great to dive with.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. Dove with B&B yesterday and they had arranged for 150-200ft vis at Molokini :D plus a whitetip that swam right over my head (I'm the only one that did NOT see it :( )

Was out with Makena Coast Charters today -- the more I dive with those guys the more I like 'em.

As long as I don't have other stuff on my plate, I'm always interested in going diving... send me a PM for contact info, and we can see about schedule once you're here (I often don't know my schedule until a day or two beforehand).

So do the boats fill up quickly? Or will I be fine just making plans with the operators a day or two in advance?

just depends - we are coming off the peak season, so there's a good chance you'll find seats available last minute ... but remember the best ops do fill up fast, and rarely do much advertising to do so (repeat and referral business)

Aloha, Tim

Tim's dead on with that.

For perspective -- Makena Coast has been full, or just-about-full (13 pax) every time I've tried booking a day or two ahead (Feb/Mar). Yesterday, we were the only three on the boat, and at least one other boat (a 6 pax) wasn't even being floated yesterday -- they were going to do maintenance instead.

The shore diving is really cool down around Wailea but you should know how to read the conditons. They can change quickly and can become challenging. You should make some guided dives there with the expert. If you really want to get some cool action, go for a night dive or scooter out to the wreck. I'd highly recommend Shaka Divers, he's on the board (Shaka Doug). He's completley blown me away on some of his dives. He knows the spots and really knows how to lead a dive tour. My brothers always dive with him when they visit and they keep telling me they can't wait to do it again next trip. You can tell him I told you about him! His SCUBABUS is remarkably set up to be efficient and interesting. It's a definite "one of a kind".

Have fun on your trip and say hi to the "Honu" for me!

My wife and I will be on Maui from 5/25 to 6/1 for our honeymoon. If you guys aren't busy and are game, we might be able to meet up for a couple shore dives. We are diving Molokini with B&B on the either the 26th or 27th and have reservations for the old Lahaina luau on the 28th. Other than that we are pretty much free! :) We leave for Kauai tomorrow at 8am! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom