Headed to Maui May 12th-28th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned from a few days in Maui.. decided to use Scuba Shack for my dives there. (recommended by some friends here in Az).
Had a great time, great crews, the boat had a head and a hot shower, early starts (6 am) would reccomend them in a minute.

Jeff

Al Mialkovsky:
Scuba Shack isn't even in the water at 6am.
They're not much later... I remember checking in with them in October when it was still dark out.

I think checkin might be 6:00...

We met at the boat at 6 at the Kehei ramp and were in the water not too long after that. First boat at Molokini and usually the first to whatever second site we dove.
Another great thing was, they never rushed us, we had one dive go an hour and 5 minutes. Most dive operators seem to be in a rush to get you out of the water so they can cash your checks.

Jeff

B & B usually leaves the dock at or around 6 am, and is usually the first or a close second to Molokini. As I remember, Scuba Shack was still checking in people in the parking lot at that time. Maggi

Yeah SS is never first boat anywhere. B&B leaves the dock at 6am and the only boat that ever beats them out is Pro Diver, a 6 pack boat. If you are going out with Scuba Shack you wouldn't be there early enough to notice the boats already in the water.

If anybody felt like they were the first to Molokini with SS, the boats that beat you were probably on the other side of Molokini:D

halemano:
If anybody felt like they were the first to Molokini with SS, the boats that beat you were probably on the other side of Molokini:D
Or already at their second dive site... :D

It's interesting the experience you had Jeff -- *VERY* different from my experience with Scuba Shack.

Who was the captain that day?

I wont get in a pissing contest, it really isnt that important. I had a good experience. I tried to dive with a few other places B&B included as a last minute deal on the last day, but couldnt swing it. So I have nothing (in Maui) to compare it to. But compared to other boats I have been on it was good. The crew seemed to want to have a good time, were fun, and didnt rush us. We even had a couple of new divers on the boat and they were very patient with them.
I do know, that another dive operator (guide) brought his group though the middle of the group I was diving with while we were looking at some garden eels. Rather than skirt the outside of the group. I kind of thought this was rude..... and probably intentional... seemed like there was some problems between the two... (You probably know who you are....)

Back
Top Bottom