Have you ever used scuba equipment you absolutely hated!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everything that I have ever bought from OMS (Ocean Management Systems) was garbage, and they wouldn't honor their warranty.

Do you mean the "old" OMS or the "new" OMS (under DUI's ownership)? What did you buy from them that was garbage (examples) please?

K01 Hood (Got 1 dive and sold it)
Santi Hood (Never even got in the water)
Neoprene drysuit (Never worn one after OW-class)
Weightbelt (Would always end up around my ribs...)
Jacket west (Tried once - never did it again)
Force Fins (Oh lord...)
Whites Fusion Drysuit (Absolute hate)

These are just things that only got 0-1 dives... I have plenty things that got put in "hate pile" when I found something that works better.
K01 hoods do need at least a couple dives to stretch. After that you may find them quite comfortable. But there does seem to be a bit of a "break-in" period.

The Oceanic Datamax Pro, circa 1992, one of the earliest, if not the earliest air-integrated units.

A brick, attached to an HP hose, it was notorious for flooding; and it was a colossal bitch to remove its straghtjacket-tight rigid rubber boot, for battery replacement -- not that any of the units survived long enough for that problem to develop.

Three units failed upon first or second dives; and a fourth failed to boot-up, while in shop.

A fellow that I knew, who worked for Oceanic, then, out of of San Leandro. CA, claimed they had chosen ill-fitting, el cheapo o-rings . . .

Attachments

• IMG_2427.JPG
    IMG_2427.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 62
UK Light Cannon, have had more floods/problems/replacements than lumens.

Don't hate it, but not found of i3 BCD (first BCD I owned, so didn't know better).

Yup

Then sold it cheap and got rid of it

Do you mean the "old" OMS or the "new" OMS (under DUI's ownership)? What did you buy from them that was garbage (examples) please?
I guess the old OMS. I haven't purchased anything from OMS in 10 years.

I bought an OMS BP/W ( no bungee). The seams on the wing fell apart, and OMS declined to honor their warranty. I actually sent the wing back to them, and they sat on it for months and months. They refused to answer my calls or e-mails for many months (more than a year). Finally they informed me that they refused to do anything about the wing. It took them another 6 months to mail the defective wing back to me.

I bought an OMS headlamp that fell apart. It was made in such a way that when it fell apart in a certain way, it was not repairable. I guess that's why OMS discontinued the headlamp. OMS declined to fix it or replace it or offer a refund.

UK lights are also garbage.

Other than OMS and UK, I have not had any bad luck with gear. But I am a much more informed diver now, and I avoid garbage like OMS and UK.

Poodle jacket with an Air2, dry snorkel, split fins, and a console with the SPG and a compass. I had to hide from scubaboard for a month to allow my self-esteem to recover. :)

Actually, I haven't used any rented gear since the pool sessions for OWD.
LOL . Air2 and splitfins are truly garbage of the garbage!

I guess the old OMS. I haven't purchased anything from OMS in 10 years.

I bought an OMS BP/W ( no bungee). The seams on the wing fell apart, and OMS declined to honor their warranty. I actually sent the wing back to them, and they sat on it for months and months. They refused to answer my calls or e-mails for many months (more than a year). Finally they informed me that they refused to do anything about the wing. It took them another 6 months to mail the defective wing back to me.

I bought an OMS headlamp that fell apart. It was made in such a way that when it fell apart in a certain way, it was not repairable. I guess that's why OMS discontinued the headlamp. OMS declined to fix it or replace it or offer a refund.

UK lights are also garbage.

Other than OMS and UK, I have not had any bad luck with gear. But I am a much more informed diver now, and I avoid garbage like OMS and UK.

I also have had bad luck with Underwater Kinetics lights and their customer service. I will NEVER buy another thing from them.

Mares flexa gloves.
The skirt fell apart after 3 dives, and the stitching made my hand's bleed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom