• Yes

Votes: 25 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 154 73.7%
  • Almost...but it was recovered.

Votes: 30 14.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep twice sorta,,,but had them recovered each time......

First-- was when I went thru Rescue class....the instructor said DON'T take your mask off and the victims and hang them on your arm or you will lose them,,,instead hand them to me,,,,YEA WHATEVER--- hung them on my arm and YEP and they ended at the bottom of the lake....the instructor retrieved them both--oh boy... :shakehead

Second-- My first dive at the Flower Gardens.....HOLD your mask firmly or it my slip loose after the '20ft. drop'.....well I did that except my mask strap slipped up the back of my head....I go to give the OK sign to the DM,,,and off goes the mask to the bottom....I had a spare but it was not Rx lens so I made due. After our dive the nicest DM retieved my mask for me on his dive---THANK YOU dude!! :shakehead

Lessons learned I tell you....... :wink:

catherine96821:
..the closest I have came is, I slime my hair up with conditioner and then put on my hood. Once, is a ripping current, the whole shabang almost slid off, but I was too busy getting my reg to stop freeflowing to notice until it was almost too late. The guy next to me lost his pants and saved them by spreading his legs, which, if I had lost my mask, I would have missed. I don't carry a spare, but I check the strap position on the back of my noggin in current now.

Now that's a strong current.

I been kicked to the point of having my mask flood and it wasn't related to being too close, more from people swimming either below or above me.

I never lost a mask but the stap has came off my head a few times on entrys. But i never make mistakes, i do everything just like i was tought in O/W class. YEA RIGHT!!!

I never lost a mask but the stap has came off my head a few times on entrys. But i never make mistakes, i do everything just like i was tought in O/W class. YEA RIGHT!!! I did try something i read in one of the other post. I went for a dive yesterday and tried cupping my hands over my browe without the mask, IT WORKS!!!! Air from the exhaust of my reg fills hand pocket and you can see fine!!! COOL!! :D :D :D :D

I was diving in Aruba and at the end of the dive I usually put my MOF and wipe my eyes and nose etc. I did this and then felt a little self conscious so pulled the mask off and put it around my wrist - Next thing I know it was gone. A couple people looked but couldnt see where it went.

From then on it is either on the forehead or around the neck

I know how you feel, TexDiveGuy.
I did the "high giant stride" off the M/V Fling (Flower Gardens), and started down the mooring line. However, my mask seemed to be leaking slightly. No problem, I just cleared it and went on down, but I had to clear it more than once on the descent. I was thinking, "What's going on? Did I tear the skirt on impact?" Well, at the bottom, it was leaking worse, and I decided to clear it more forcefully. I exhaled pretty hard through my nose---and blew my mask completely off my face! Turns out, when I hit the water, my strap had ridden up over my head. Only thing holding my mask on was pressure, and when I relieved that, it flew off. I caught it immediately, put it back on, and cleared it normally. After that, no more problems.

If you had your mask hooked up to a retractor

Retractor,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom