• Yes

Votes: 25 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 154 73.7%
  • Almost...but it was recovered.

Votes: 30 14.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a 160' dive and after our 65 minute runtime, I surfaced, sat down on the boat and my mask literally fell off my face as one of the pins holding the strap assembly to the mask body had fallen out. I'm very glad that happened *after* the dive, not sometime during.

I'm very careful to inspect both my primary and backup mask before every dive now.

I put my mask first, then put the hood over. Even if it gets lost, I just send Chuck down to get it for me. :)

Nope but I have recovered one for someone else. $169 mask, found it at 60 ffw. Needless to say, he was exstatic. :D

Lost one on a beach dive, after exiting the water, tossed it up the beach while trying to drag flailing buddy out of the surf.

There use to be a guy that made neck straps that you clip to your mask with a small fishing swivel to prevent this from happening. Go idea, but I think I would use something that I could break incase of entanglement. He was using 1/8" braided polypropoline cord.

Lost? No.

I've had a strap give up at depth, though. Pulled my backup mask out and continued the dive.

Gee I must be unlucky.

Had my mask on backwards, during a surf entry and rogue wave came in and knocked it off. Continued with dive on backup mask.

Was fooling around with the buckle on the straps during a dive for some stupid reason and ZIP, the strap came undone. Went to backup mask, rethreaded the strap and then swiched back to primary and completed the dive.

Middle of dive mask started flooding uncontrolably so eventually I switched to backup mask. Turns out the skirt had separated from the lens.

and my all time favorite, I was taking a rescue class. During the rescue we take our's and our victims mask off and hand them to the instructor. He puts them in the float for safe keeping. After the rescue was over we swam back out to recover the gear and find a sea otter had his head in the float pocket was was rummaging for toys to play with. The little bugger decided that my mask made a good toy and took it.

Had it kicked off by my OW instructor But I found it :shakehead

I found a mask once while diving. Took it back to the boat and showed everyone. One of the other divers, said that is mine. He was not qualified to place it on his forehead and had knocked it off to the deep at the beginning of the dive. He had no spare and did not do the dive, but had it for our second tank.

I have had mine kicked off and knocked off but always grabbed it and put it back on.

KMD:
After the rescue was over we swam back out to recover the gear and find a sea otter had his head in the float pocket was was rummaging for toys to play with. The little bugger decided that my mask made a good toy and took it.

Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom