Has the COVID-19 situation changed your gear purchasing habits?

Has COVID-19 changed the likelyhood you'll purchase gear right now?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m cutting back on purchases but not against picking up something I need. I work in a relatively secure job (petroleum transportation) and have been with this company for over 11 years so I’m pretty secure, but like Marie has proven, nothing is guaranteed at this time.

I’m cutting back on purchases but not against picking up something I need. I work in a relatively secure job (petroleum transportation) and have been with this company for over 11 years so I’m pretty secure, but like Marie has proven, nothing is guaranteed at this time.

I’m just glad that all my drysuit alterations (p-valve, latex neck seal glued on) are done and all doubles/deco bottles/doubles regs are serviced/inspected.

Nope. I still buy all the stupid, vintage, or interesting **** I see that I might need...One day.:wink:

My job isn't going anywhere anytime soon so I've been shopping used. Lots of people are panic selling their equipment so I'm snatching up all the sweet deals. Got myself my first Drysuit, regulators, computer and lights for under 600CAD :D

My job isn't going anywhere anytime soon so I've been shopping used. Lots of people are panic selling their equipment so I'm snatching up all the sweet deals. Got myself my first Drysuit, regulators, computer and lights for under 600CAD :D

Light and Motion is having a huge sale with some US retailers..45-50% off everything, IIRC. Backscatter....Bluewater Photo...

Light and Motion is having a huge sale with some US retailers..45-50% off everything, IIRC. Backscatter....Bluewater Photo...
yeah..wish those flip filters were out for the GoPro 8. :(

:goodpost: Great time to sit and wait for sales from companies that need to off load product. I will bein buying some lights from Backscatter this week.

Thanks for the info! Just ordered a 20-50ft flip filter with a greenwater filter for diving here at home. Can't wait for this all to be over with and get back underwater :scubadiver:

Thanks for the info! Just ordered a 20-50ft flip filter with a greenwater filter for diving here at home. Can't wait for this all to be over with and get back underwater :scubadiver:

I'm always happy to enable. I've been told many times over that I'm an expensive friend to keep around. :wink:

For the Canadians, mozaik has some things on 30% off, not as dramatik, but in the case of the Sea&Sea strobe I was looking at, competitive with Backscatter and Bluewater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom