Has the COVID-19 situation changed your gear purchasing habits?

Has COVID-19 changed the likelyhood you'll purchase gear right now?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I just got laid off. 13.5 years - buh bye! No severance, just getting paid through the end of the month and the 4 untaken vacation days I'd earned so far this year. No more gear for me!

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. I know there is nothing I could say that would make this any more bearable but please know that, for what it’s worth, I’m wishing you a quick turn of fortunes.

Erik

Not really, but I have been bolstering my regulator service kit stock, since New Years -- dare I say, hoarding, in lieu of toilet paper? -- to service, both my own regulators; the company's; and those who have sent in their gear, during this quasi-quarantine . . .

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. I know there is nothing I could say that would make this any more bearable but please know that, for what it’s worth, I’m wishing you a quick turn of fortunes.

Erik

Thank you!

Well, I just got laid off. 13.5 years - buh bye! No severance, just getting paid through the end of the month and the 4 untaken vacation days I'd earned so far this year. No more gear for me!

That sux.
Sorry Marie.
Hope things turn around quickly.

Sorry, Marie. :(

I'm so sorry, @DiverGirl1972 and @Marie13. And to everyone experiencing hardship or uncertainty at this time. This pandemic has caused so much collateral damage, and I'm afraid it's just getting started.

ETA: I haven't voted in the poll. I'm theoretically open to buying gear still and would love a better pair of fins, though I have everything I really need, and I can't even use it right now without violating the safer-at-home ordinances. I'm reluctant to order anything non-essential online, because I know the post office and various shipping services are overwhelmed, and I don't want to put additional pressure on sick people to come to work. I want to support my LDS and other businesses, but I'm not sure what the right thing to do is anymore.

no gear for me, my work is shut down until at least May 1st. Feeling fortunate we will most likely start back up eventually. Sorry to hear some of you are worse off.

Back
Top Bottom