Has anyone taken an Apple Watch to depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only one way to find out for sure.

I have seen several fished out of cenotes (snorkelers drop them like pennies into a fountain) and they are always flooded, even at shallow depths. So, there is likely a time limit as well as a depth limit to what they can stand.

I've found numerous ones at about 45ft to 65ft, and many (but not all) seem to still work.

There's probably a mixture of different Series in the reports, with the earlier models likely the ones being found flooded.

I've worn it in the pool and hot tub, and maybe once or twice when swimming in the ocean, but even that is pushing it. 50m is shower rated. When they get to 100 or 200 I'll upgrade and take it snorkeling. My Seamaster comes diving, the Apple Watch stays on the boat.

I've worn it in the pool and hot tub, and maybe once or twice when swimming in the ocean, but even that is pushing it. 50m is shower rated. When they get to 100 or 200 I'll upgrade and take it snorkeling. My Seamaster comes diving, the Apple Watch stays on the boat.

I hope you don't have a pin break on your band. That would be an expensive loss.

Now there are Casio watches that have altimeter, barometer, thermometer, and electronic compass, and 200 m rating. I wonder if they can be taken diving, and if the compass works underwater.

Now there are Casio watches that have altimeter, barometer, thermometer, and electronic compass, and 200 m rating. I wonder if they can be taken diving, and if the compass works underwater.

Mine, with all that jazz, is only rated to 100 meters.

I noticed from watching Apple's latest Watch announcement that it's rated "WR50". I've not heard that term before. Garmin, for example, says 5 ATM. Many other watches are rated in ATM as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom