Oceanic+ app on Apple Watch Ultra below 40 meters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t think you understand how $2.5 trillion companies work.
OK. You can tell yourself that.

I do say that Apple is not certain how dive computers work, which may be why the app to turn it into a dive computer is written by Huish.

I don’t think it’s a bad device. I actually think it’s great for the majority of divers. I prefer my dive computers do not lockout, but that’s just a personal preference. I can understand why some computer manufacturers lockout after a dive which has violated parameters. I can’t, however, understand the reasoning for activating that lockout during a dive.

I have to say – like most scuba divers, I’ve never been below 130’ – with or without an Apple Watch.

But if I start doing that regularly, I will wear something that looks more like this:

Shearwater-Perdix-AI.jpg

more

I guess this is actually common knowledge, but I didn’t realize how the official PADI categories were capped. "Advanced Diver“ stops at 100’. "Deep” at 130‘.

IMG_2427.JPG

Ran across it today & was reminded of this “below 40 meters” thread. Slightly different criteria here: guaranteed below 10,000 meters. James Cameron attached it to his deep submersible.

IMG_4372.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom