Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Beaverdivers for the pics. I have now cable tied all the bungees and will see in September how much that helps.

I recently purchased a hydros, and I love it. Much lighter and less constricting than traditional jacket styles, love how it sticks in position, allowed me to drop 6 to 8lbs of weight, and I'm more comfortable. Only cold water diving up to now, will update in 30 days after cozumel

I recently purchased a hydros, and I love it. Much lighter and less constricting than traditional jacket styles, love how it sticks in position, allowed me to drop 6 to 8lbs of weight, and I'm more comfortable. Only cold water diving up to now, will update in 30 days after cozumel
Is yours pre or post bungee cord fix? That's a really large amount of weight to lose, what were you diving before the Hydros?

Post bungie. 7/8 mil semidry, 5 mil boots and gloves. I'm 6'7 255 was at 24lbs freshwater with al80, 22 with steel. Was slightly overweight then, probably by 2lbs. Now running 18 with al80 in same setup and 16 with steel80 and 14 with steel 100. Debating dropping another 2lbs, but will have to do buoyancy test with empty al80 to test it

Post bungie. 7/8 mil semidry, 5 mil boots and gloves. I'm 6'7 255 was at 24lbs freshwater with al80, 22 with steel. Was slightly overweight then, probably by 2lbs. Now running 18 with al80 in same setup and 16 with steel80 and 14 with steel 100. Debating dropping another 2lbs, but will have to do buoyancy test with empty al80 to test it
I meant, what BC were you diving before the Hydros, as that's where the weight loss came from?

@MrBigfins

Am I understanding you correctly, that you have the newer model withOUT the bungee problem?

If so, would it be possible for you take few pix? Just curious as to what they did.

Thank you!

Is it known as having a lot of inherent buoyancy? It's still a lot of weight
It was 4lbs positive, coupled with me already being about 2 lbs over equals the 6lbs difference. The other 2lbs I chalk up to how I had to distribute weight for trim on the old bulkier bcd, i may have even been 3lbs overweight previously. So some of that weight swing is the hydros, some is me dialing in exactly what weight i need in different dive setups, and some is me shedding weight as i get more confident and develop better skills and trim. I have really heavy legs and feet, so i shifted 4lbs onto tank weights and that helped trim tremendously. This bcd fits the length of my torso better, and has a massive amount of adjustment from fully open to as tight as you can adjust it. So weight pockets are on my hips instead of kidney area, the back trim pockets ride higher up. So all in all it fits me better and is significantly lighter and less restrictive, almost feels like I'm diving naked lol

@MrBigfins

Am I understanding you correctly, that you have the newer model withOUT the bungee problem?

If so, would it be possible for you take few pix? Just curious as to what they did.

Thank you!
I will try to get some pics up once I get a chance. Essentially it's just a clip that only allows the wing to shift so far one direction or the other.

Back
Top Bottom