Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've noticed that my bladder on my Hydros does slide back and forth a bit. Never gave it much thought. I'll have to pull it apart and make the adjustment to the bungy when I have some free time.

Here are photos of my Hydros. The first one is with the bungies centered. The other one is offset to one side. There is no resistance to moving the bungies to the side or the other currently. They are three separate bungies that go from one side to the other.

IMG_9100small.JPG

IMG_9101small.JPG

Wow, that's pretty lame, you would think they would have thought of a way to keep it centered, I guess they have. My Knighthawk always remains centered. Some kind of stop in the center would do it.

So as someone planning to purchase a Hydros Pro in the coming weeks, this issue should have no effect on me. Excellent!
If it has the new configuration, then your good to go. However, I would imagine that there are many with the older configuration in inventory.

I have a Hydros and agree the early design was flawed. I don't ever have enough air in mine for this to be a significant problem, but the shop from which I bought the BC says they will send it back to SP and SP will update the BC. I mentioned that I was probably out of warranty and the shop said their understanding is that SP is doing the upgrade anyway as a "customer service." BC will probably be gone for a while for this, but I have a couple months with no diving during the winter and will send it off then.

Will see how it goes.

@jd950 May I ask which "update" you are referring to? Is it for the cracked/broken shoulder strap or for the sliding bungee/wing problem?

I am in the process of getting the replacement straps, which I hope to have in about a week. But I have not heard of any "update/replacement" for the sliding bungee/wing problem. I would love to know what was replaced/upgraded when you get your Hydros back.

Thanks,

@jd950 May I ask which "update" you are referring to? Is it for the cracked/broken shoulder strap or for the sliding bungee/wing problem?

I am in the process of getting the replacement straps, which I hope to have in about a week. But I have not heard of any "update/replacement" for the sliding bungee/wing problem. I would love to know what was replaced/upgraded when you get your Hydros back.

Thanks,

There is ABSOLUTELY NO RECALL OR REPLACEMENT from Scubapro for the bungee issue. New Hydros BCs will be released with a fix once existing stocks are depleted.

My shoulder straps have held up fine, despite some "improper" handling by some boat crews. I would like to fix the bungee thing just because the design annoys me, even though it has not really been an issue for me. Since the shop said they would send it to SP at no charge, and seemed to feel SP would take care of it, I'll let the shop send it in and see what happens. If they fix it, that's great, if not I will either leave it alone or do that zip tie thing depicted above. I guess it isn't really an update...if they do it at all, it would just be customer service.

Probably not relevant, but some time back I bought a SP BCD (that I am not using now) and shortly after I bought it, they started shipping with a different cam band and buckle that I liked better. I asked the shop about the cost of ordering one and they checked with SP who just sent me the new strap and latch. I am hoping they handle this the same way. I will try to remember to update when the hydros comes back.

@jd950 Please do report back! Would like to get mine "fixed" too if it's available.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom