Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

Received the replacement straps. Here are some photos.

20180904_135749.jpg
20180904_123954.jpg
20180904_135745.jpg
20180904_124002.jpg
20180904_135731.jpg

Reactions: Jay
Have fun replacing the old ones. It’s a PITA. I changed my d-rings to larger ones at the same time. I used neck rings instead of the miniature OEM rings and they work perfectly.

Have fun replacing the old ones. It’s a PITA. I changed my d-rings to larger ones at the same time. I used neck rings instead of the miniature OEM rings and they work perfectly.

"neck rings"?

8764F14A-E472-4B9B-80FC-04FD188AF09C.jpeg

Used on the NECK of a tank for stage set up. I couldn't use a larger d-ring because the strap is too narrow. This sets up perfectly and makes clipping a breeze.

You can just push the pin securing the end of the strap to the clip out in order to access the slider to replace the ring. Can be done without the need to remove the entire shoulder straps.

Strap replacement is not that bad, but you'll need TWO 2.5mm hex keys.

I second @Glenndini about not having to remove the entire strap to change the D-ring. I changed my D-rings before the new straps and it only required one pin removal.

Still waiting for news about SP replacing bungees on old type...?

Still waiting for news about SP replacing bungees on old type...?

If you are referring to what I posted; it will be at least a couple weeks before I can get the BC to the shop, and I expect it will take at least 2-3 weeks for them to get it to SP and back again, so I don't expect to know what SP will do until sometime in October or maybe November. Or, perhaps the shop will call SP and be told not to even send it, and then I may know something in a few weeks.

The BC sliding from side to side is a PITA if you're overweighted. During divemaster class, at times I'd have to carry extra weight for new divers just in case, it did make your side to side trim a challenge.

Get you weight correct and with minimal air in the BC, it's absolutely fine - yes, there's times you get yourself in some weird position and it'll slide to one side but I just reached back and slide the bungees one way or the other - pretty easy to do.

I did partially tear a strap too - old style, new ones are on the way.

Just purchased one to be my single tank recreational BCD and converted my BP/W to support twin cylinders. Its a little pricey for a BCD, but fits like a glove and is just as good as my BP/W if not better. The rubber traps stick to you and as a result I do not feel the need for a crotch strap. The quality is excellent and inital adjustment is super simple compared to the setting up a BP/W for the first time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom