Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mockney

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey,

Just seen a teaser for the new Scubapro Hydro Pro BCD, of course you cant listen to all the hype but apparently this is a game changer with some pretty cool new features and materials used.

I'm in the market for a new BCD, I was going to get a wing type for when I want to move into more 'tech' diving. I wonder if this will tempt me into a purchase?.

I would be interested to see if there are any detailed pictures, reviews or feedback on here?.

Hey Burhan

Its on the Scubapro home page on Facebook. It has a photo of a guy circled by sharks but NO close up's of the actual product.

It mentions the material used means its instantly dry it uses a memory type plastic so the fit feels bespoke and also that its going to be modular in its set up so you can configure it many different ways.

I was just at my local dive shop and the owner says she is waiting to see one for herself (they are a Scubapro Stockist).

Anyway take a look on the Facebook page and you can see the advert for yourself.

I just looked at the facebook page. Sad really, standing on the bottom with no fins on? I'm sure this is just another back inflate BCD that has cool features to sell the product in the showroom. I'm not sure what game this BC is supposed to change but I highly doubt it will have anything to do with scuba. BP/W, streamlined, more robust, less expensive and customizable to what you need not what a large companies marketing department thinks you need.

Here is a little bit closer pic and an article about it.

http://www.scubagadget.com/dema-2015-best-in-show-scubapro-hydros-pro-bcd/

HydrosProBCDdiver.jpg

I am in Düsseldorf right Now. The new Jacket is amazing. More Infos coming soon

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 6,277
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    914.9 KB · Views: 5,655
Plastic clips on the shoulders, a chest strap, integrated weight pockets with squeeze lock clips? hmmm.
Plastic squeeze waist strap. Does it have any built in ballast as in a metal back pack? probably not.
Closer (a little) but still no cigar AFAIK.

For the "naysayers," can't you just wait until you actually get to see it and maybe try to understand it before you bring out your most uninformed opinion???

Back
Top Bottom