Has anyone seen Borat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I went to see it yesterday, not knowing exactly what to expect. It turned out to be one of the funniest movies I have ever seen! It has touches of Monty Python-esque humor and some of the scenes are flat out hilarious! I have never laughed as hard as I did at some of the ridiculous situations he put himself in. I had never heard of Sacha Baron Cohen until just recently, but he was superb. I can definitely see how he's ticked off some people, but since it's all tongue-in-cheek, I could look past most of it.

What were your impressions?

My cheeks were hurting by the end of the movie! It was hilarious. Some of the scenes were pretty disturbing. One in particular. I'm sure you know the one I'm referring to. The best part was that most of the movie was unscripted!

Some of the scenes were pretty disturbing.

Those bestiality overtones have me a little anxious.... seems it is a reoccurring theme.

That always makes me a liiiiiittttle suspicious.

Yeah, but it was the naked scene that disturbed me. I wanted to look away, but was laughing too hard to do it!

yes, naked is always pretty funny. Remember the scene of the big naked tow truck driver in ...the wine movie....he runs after the car and right into the window?

ugh..my memory is slipping..won Oscars for best independent film....

I like his Ali G character better, but Borat was still funny.

However, I think the Ali G. character has less appeal outside of the Europe or the UK where the London Ghetto culture he portrays himself as coming from may not be understood.

Bestiality? I must have missed that part. Do you mean homosexuality? There are plenty of messages about homosexuality, but I don't remember any allusions to bestiality.

I did not see the movie yet. But Andy sent me to U-tube.

Dive-aholic:
Yeah, but it was the naked scene that disturbed me. I wanted to look away, but was laughing too hard to do it!

I was laughing so hard, I was crying and then coughing. Like I said, some of the scenes had Python overtones to them, especially about the beastiality.

BTW -- the movie has been banned in Russia, but NOT in Kazikhstan! No word yet from Uzbekhistan....LMAO
:rofl3:

:popcorn: I declare this film a new cult classic.....OMG! It was hilarious... Not for the faint of heart or the easly offended. I gotta say the fight scene went on way too long but when they chased each other into the elevator, it was worth watching..... Seeing Pamala Anderson stuffed into a marrage sack was worth it too.
If you havn't seen the previews, Borat from Kirgistan ( no time to look up the real spelling) comes to America to make a documentary movie, sees Pam on Bay watch and trecks across the country, in an ice cream truck with his fat friend and a bear...
DO NOT WAIT, pay the money and go see this.
" Look at the clever jews, they have shape shifted. One looks like an old woman. They are very good you can hardly see her horns"....Not for the easly offended.
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Just heard the frat boys are suing Sasha because they were portrayed badly in the movie. Hey, if the shoe fits....

I did wonder if he had to get permission to use the scenes he filmed.

I'm still laughing over that movie! I can't wait until it comes out on DVD so I can hear the lines I missed because of the laughter in the theater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom