The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou/Blue Water White Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jadairiii

Contributor
Reaction score
Watched it again last night, for I cant tell you how many times, one of those movies that you see something new every time you watch it.

I remember when I watched it for the first time, I was laughing out loud at the obvious similarities to Blue Water White Death by Peter Gimble. Good portion of the movie had scenes reproduced directly from BWWD. But I have never seen any discussion on that (may have missed it here) on the internet? Even the ending credits dont reference it, only Jacques Cousteau.

Anyone else see the obvious similarities?

Gimble's BWWD is my favorite dive movie. I suspect we will never again see the level of marine life that he managed to get on film in 1969/70. Just the scene with the oceanic white tips...

But now that you mention it, some of the crew scenes are quite similar between the movies.

I gave a group of enterprising folks a copy of The Life Aquatic told them that was us
Being excommunicated, or for others sent to Coventry for two years wasn't that bad

At least I think it was the movie

Back
Top Bottom