Has anyone seen Borat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i agree - it wasNT a racism/jewish thing....... for me, it was the rudeness shown to that couple by making fun of them in general

yeah, i hear all those in the movie are now seeing it as very funny.... all the way to court i read :wink:

I loved Borat, I was pumped about it months before it came out...

I really like his Ali G character too, also Bruno is funny...

I sorta feel sorry for the South Carolina boys (probably since I'm from South Carolina) (just one more thing to be embarrass South Carolina)...

It's funny that someone argued that they were drunk when they signed the papers, and thus shouldn't be responsible, I don't wanna sidetrack here, but when I lived in Germany I learned that if a man is drunk when he rapes a girl, the crime isn't nearly as severe as if he were sober, basically he gets a slap on the wrist (compared to what he coulda been charged with)...

I however, think if you drink, you automatically assume responsibilites that might happen because of drinking...

but a great movie...can't wait for Bruno

Jack

I thought it was totally hilarious. But then, I also like The Aristocrats.:rofl3:

DavidPT40:
I loved the movie. I won't dive with anyone who dislikes Borat!
:rofl3: Now that is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. So, you'll ask your instabuddy during the buddy check, "Did you like or dislike Borat?":rofl3: Suppose they haven't seen it?

man, Borat is funny painful ... it you're not hurting while you laugh, you're not getting it

Cohen said "I don't make fun of Kazhakstan. I make fun of people who think my version of Kazhakstan can exist."

or something ...

a.$.$.holes Uzbekhistan

Dive-aholic:
Sasha Cohen is jewish. He wasn't making fun of jews. He was making fun of anti-Semites. I'd guess the older jewish couple thought it was funny once they were let in on the joke. :wink:

"...they have changed their shapes!"

That film was brilliant. Absolutely hysterical.

Too bad more just don't get it.

Edited to add: And that driving scene. That man had the patience of a saint :)

Missdirected:
"...they have changed their shapes!"

That film was brilliant. Absolutely hysterical.

Too bad more just don't get it.

Edited to add: And that driving scene. That man had the patience of a saint :)
Did you see the outtakes on the DVD? How about the guy in the supermarket and the cheese aisle.:rofl3:

fairybasslet:
Did you see the outtakes on the DVD? How about the guy in the supermarket and the cheese aisle.:rofl3:

No. Think I will have to buy that film.

I also liked the hotel scene - the huggie's :rofl3:

Missdirected:
No. Think I will have to buy that film.

I also liked the hotel scene - the huggie's :rofl3:
Every year we have a big conference for our franchisees. My boss and I were talking about Borat and wondering what would have happened if they had barged into our conference while they were fighting naked. That would have been a hoot.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom